- No petrol, diesel if you fail to produce PUC certificate at fuel stations from THIS date
- Bharti Airtel is first telecom company to launch 5g service in India; where do Jio, Vodafone Idea stand?
- 5G Services Launch Event Highlights - Jio 5G services across India by December 2023; Airtel to cover entire country by March 202
- Vikram Vedha Box Office Collection Day 1: How much money Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan-starrer made on first day
- UPI transactions jumps over 3% at 678 crore in September
Goldman Sachs says 1MDB scandal could hit pay for top executives
The board of Goldman Sachs Group Inc said on Friday it is withholding a bonus worth at least $7 million from former chief executive Lloyd Blankfein until investigations into the bank`s involvement in the 1MDB scandal are resolved.
The bank also introduced a new forfeiture provision in its annual compensation plans for its top executives, including Chief Executive David Solomon and former head Blankfein, relating to the ongoing 1MDB proceedings.
The company said in a regulatory filing its board can reduce pay packages of senior executives if it is later determined that the results of the ongoing probes would have impacted the their year-end compensation decisions.
Goldman is being investigated by Malaysian authorities and the U.S. Department of Justice for its role as underwriter and arranger of three bond sales that raised $6.5 billion (£5 billion) for 1Malaysia Development Berhad.
The Wall Street bank also said it paid CEO Solomon $23 million in total compensation in 2018, a 9.5 percent jump from 2017 pay. Blankfein received $20.5 million in annual compensation in 2018, down $3.5 million from 2017.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.