- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
Gold, silver extend gains on global cues
Gold prices rose further at the domestic bullion market here today on sustained demand from stockists and investors driven by higher global cues.
Silver also advanced by Rs 40 per kg on pick up in demand from industrial units.
Standard gold (99.5 per cent purity) climbed by Rs 55 to close at Rs 29,385 per 10 grams from yesterday's level of Rs 29,330.
Pure gold (99.9 per cent purity) also moved up by the same amount to Rs 29,535 per 10 grams as against Rs 29,480 previously.
Silver (.999 fineness) rose by Rs 40 to finish at Rs 39,580 per kg as compared to Rs 39,540 earlier.
Globally, gold prices nudged higher, as the dollar slipped following a media report that suggested a delay in the implementation of a major corporate tax cut under a crucial US tax reforms plan.
Spot gold was up 0.2 per cent at USD 1,278.43 per ounce at early trade.
In other precious metals, silver rose 0.4 per cent to USD 17.02 an ounce.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.