Gold recovers from two-week low on softer dollar
Gold edged up on Tuesday, recovering from a more than two-week low hit in the previous session, on the back of a slightly weaker dollar.FUNDAMENTALS
* Spot gold
* U.S. gold futures
* The dollar index <.dxy> was down 0.1 percent at 93.788. The dollar slipped 0.1 percent to 113.35 yen
* U.S. President Donald Trump will urge President Xi Jinping to make good on his commitments to pressure North Korea when he visits China next month, a senior White House official said on Monday, stepping up a strategy to have Beijing help rein in Pyongyang.
* Trump on Monday dismissed the possibility of curbing a popular tax-deferred U.S. retirement savings programme to help pay for his sweeping tax cuts, and voiced doubts about adding another top bracket targeting the wealthiest Americans.
* Trump told reporters on Monday he is "very, very close" to making his decision on who should chair the Federal Reserve.
* The Fed will raise interest rates in December and twice next year, according to a Reuters poll of economists, who now worry that the central bank will slow its tightening because of expectations that inflation will remain low.
* Bank of England Deputy Governor Jon Cunliffe again raised doubts about whether he will back an interest rate rise next week, describing it as an "open question" in an interview published by a Welsh newspaper on Monday.
* Catalonia said on Monday it was confident all officials including police would defy attempts by Madrid to enforce direct rule on the region in a dispute that is raising fears of unrest among Spain`s European allies.
* South Africa`s Gold Fields
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.