Gold prices inch up from one-week low
Gold prices inched up on Wednesday from a one-week low with the dollar holding steady, but speculation that President Donald Trump might pick a policy hawk to lead the U.S. Federal Reserve weighed on the metal. FUNDAMENTALS
* Spot gold
* U.S. gold futures
* The dollar index <.dxy>, which measures the greenback against a basket of currencies, was little changed at 93.449 after gaining for four straight days.
* Asian shares consolidated recent gains and currencies kept to tight ranges on Wednesday as investors waited to see what policies might emerge from China`s Communist Party conference. [MKTS/GLOB]
* U.S. President Donald Trump has a pool of five candidates to choose from for the next chair of the Federal Reserve and is likely to announce his choice before going to Asia in early November, a source familiar with the situation said on Tuesday.
* Jerome Powell likely will be the next Federal Reserve chairman, according to a slim majority of economists in a Reuters poll - but most of them said current Fed Chair Janet Yellen would be the best option.
* The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in September voted to raise the rate commercial banks are charged for emergency loans, according to minutes of a U.S. central bank meeting released on Tuesday.
* U.S. industrial production rebounded modestly in September as the lingering effects of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma hobbled activity at factories, but the outlook for the industrial sector remains bullish amid a strengthening global economy and weakening dollar.
* The price of gold is expected to rise to $1,369 an ounce by October next year, delegates to the London Bullion Market Association`s annual gathering predicted on Tuesday.
* Open interest on the London Metal Exchange`s (LME) precious metals contracts has topped 3 million ounces of gold, the exchange said, as it tries to muscle into a futures business dominated by rival CME Group.
* India`s Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX)
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.