Gold gains as dollar weakens further
Gold prices edged higher on Tuesday as the U.S. dollar slipped further, making bullion less expensive for holders of other currencies.FUNDAMENTALS
* Spot gold
* The dollar index <.dxy>, which measures the greenback against a basket of currencies, was down 0.1 percent at 89.384, following a 0.4 percent fall on Monday.
* Against the yen, the dollar
* The United States accused Russia on Monday of blocking international inspectors from reaching the site of a suspected poison gas attack in Syria and said Russians or Syrians may have tampered with evidence on the ground.
* Trump has delayed imposing additional sanctions on Russia and is unlikely to approve them unless Moscow carries out a new cyber attack or some other provocation, a senior administration official said on Monday.
* Trump said on Monday he would nominate Richard Clarida as Federal Reserve Vice Chairman, adding another hawkish voice at the central bank.
* Gold consumption in China in the first three months of this year fell 5.44 percent to 284.97 tonnes from a year earlier, Chinese state television CCTV reported on Monday, citing data from the China Gold Association.
* Kazakhstan raised gold holdings by 3.1 tonnes to 310.1 tonnes in March, while Argentina lowered gold holdings by 6.8 tonnes to about 55 tonnes during the same period, International Monetary Fund data showed on Monday.
* Azerbaijan`s top gold producer, Anglo Asian Mining
* Kalamazoo Resources Ltd
* The London Bullion Market Association on Monday said it added Hindustan Zinc Ltd`s (HZL) silver refinery in India to its 82-strong `Good Delivery List`, a leading benchmark for silver bar quality.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.