- Electronics Mart India IPO: Should you subscribe or avoid? Know Anil Singhvi's recommendation
- SpiceJet, IndiGo, Jet Airways stocks gain up to 9% as government raises loan limit
- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- Metal stocks in focus: Tata Steel, APL Apollo shares gain 2-6% - key triggers
- Electronics Mart India IPO subscription status Day 2: Issue booked over 6.5 times so far; retail and NII investors bid most
Finmin clears 2 FDI proposals worth Rs 24.56 cr
The finance ministry today said it cleared two foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals of Rs 24.56 crore in October.
The proposals included that of Sterling Commerce Solutions India which sought approval for issue of shares to the shareholders of three wholly-owned subsidiaries of IBM India Pvt Ltd upon their merger with the applicant, Finance Ministry said in a statement issued today.
The proposal of Sterling Commerce Solutions will bring in FDI of Rs 24.56 crore, it said.
The other one from Arval India does not entail any FDI, it said.
A proposal from Ivanhoe India Equities Inc has been returned as it is premature, it added.
The Union Cabinet in May decided to abolish the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) -- an advisory body comprising of secretaries to various departments for vetting of foreign direct investment (FDI) applications and making recommendations to the government.
It was decided that the approvals would be handled independently by administrative ministries of different sectors.
FDI into the country grew 9 per cent to USD 43.47 billion in 2016-17.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.