- Residential demand upbeat despite construction cost, interest rate rise; brokerage picks DLF, Oberoi Realty among top 4 bets
- Copper Set to Post Worst Quarterly Performance in Over 2 Years
- Maruti Suzuki Brezza 2022: Launch today! Check key highlights; live streaming link here
- Nothing Phone 1 confirmed to come with Snapdragon 778G+ SoC on July 12 - Know more
- Ratnamani Metals bonus share: Stock jumps 15%, hits 52-week high ahead of record date
Exclusive: Healthcare logistics company Owens & Minor explores sale - sources
Owens & Minor Inc is exploring a sale of the company, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday, as the U.S. medical supplies distributor seeks ways to recover from a string of disappointing earnings.
The Mechanicsville, Virginia-based company`s shares tumbled as much as 20 percent on Wednesday, the day after it reported fourth-quarter earnings that missed analysts` expectations amid fierce price competition in its hospital supplies business.
Owens & Minor is working with investment banks to explore a sale, the sources said, asking not to be named because the matter is confidential. They cautioned that there is no guarantee that the talks will result in a deal.
Owens & Minor did not respond to a request for comment.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.