- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
EU and Britain condemn U.S. oil and nuclear sanctions on Iran
The United States` allies in Europe have criticised its recent decisions to restrict oil trade with Iran and to limit the extension of waivers for nuclear non-proliferation projects.
"We ... take note with regret and concern of the decision by the United States not to extend waivers with regards to trade in oil with Iran," Britain`s foreign office said in a joint statement with its German and French counterparts and the European Union.
"We also note with concern the decision by the United States not to fully renew waivers for nuclear non-proliferation projects," Britain`s foreign office added.
Washington acted on Friday to force Iran to stop producing low-enriched uranium and expanding its only nuclear power plant, intensifying a campaign aimed at halting Tehran`s ballistic missile programme and curbing its regional power.
Last week, the United States said it would stop waivers for countries buying Iranian oil, in an attempt to reduce Iran`s oil exports to zero.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.