- IRDAI sets a target of 5 years for life insurance companies for greater penetration; proposes state-level committee
- Dalal Street Corner: Bank, FMCG stocks help Nifty clear crucial hurdle of 15,800; what should investors do on Tuesday?
- Despite windfall tax, brokerages remain bullish on oil & gas stocks; see up to 70% upside on ONGC, Oil India
- Rupee settles flat at 78.94 against US dollar
- Akasa Air showcases crew uniform; conducts proving flight test
DMK dismisses TN govt's investors meet as just an "illusion"
The DMK has lashed out at the AIADMK government dubbing the Global Investors Meet, which concluded here Thursday, as an "illusion" and "waste" of government money for publicity.
Complete details on the investment proposals inked during the meet should emerge, and only then it could be ascertained if such deals were poised for execution or if the claims were "ornamentally fake," DMK chief M K Stalin said.
Using the famous "illusory deer" phrase from the epic Ramayana to denote that what is seen is not real, he said "the only truth about the meet was...it was nothing but a scene of the illusory deer."
"The biggest achievement of GIM is the wastage of government money for publicity by highlighting the photograph of Chief Minister K Palaniswami in every nook and cranny," he alleged.
Stalin, who is also the Leader of Opposition, accused the government of allowing foreign trips for Ministers on the pretext of canvassing support for GIM.
"The GIM is illusory, since it was held despite knowing that global investors will not participate in view of the World Economic Forum's meeting at Davos," he added.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.