- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Disney profit beats, driven by theme parks, media networks
Walt Disney Co reported first-quarter profit that beat analysts` estimates on Tuesday, helped by higher customer spending at its U.S. theme parks and resorts, as well as strength in its media network business.
Excluding certain items, Disney earned $1.84 per share, above analysts` expectations of $1.55 per share, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.
The company, which is buying the bulk of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc`s TV and film units, said total revenue fell to $15.30 billion from $15.35 billion, above analysts` estimates of $15.14 billion.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.