- Electronics Mart India IPO: Should you subscribe or avoid? Know Anil Singhvi's recommendation
- SpiceJet, IndiGo, Jet Airways stocks gain up to 9% as government raises loan limit
- How to activate 5G network on your smartphone - Check step-by-step guide
- Metal stocks in focus: Tata Steel, APL Apollo shares gain 2-6% - key triggers
- Electronics Mart India IPO subscription status Day 2: Issue booked over 6.5 times so far; retail and NII investors bid most
Direct tax mop up rises 15% to Rs 4.39 lakh cr in Apr-Oct
The government has collected Rs 4.39 lakh crore in direct taxes, up 15.2 per cent year-on- year, during the first seven months of the current fiscal.
The collection, which includes personal income tax and corporate tax, represents 44.8 per cent of the total budget estimates of Rs 9.8 lakh crore in direct taxes for 2017-18.
"The provisional figures of Direct Tax collections up to October, 2017 show that net collections are at Rs 4.39 lakh crore which is 15.2 per cent higher than the net collections for the corresponding period of last year," a finance ministry statement said.
Gross collections (before adjusting for refunds) have increased 10.7 per cent to Rs 5.28 lakh crore during April- October, 2017.
Refunds amounting to Rs 89,507 crore were issued during the seven month period.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.