- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Digital ad spend may touch Rs 13k cr mark by Dec 2018: Survey
Digital advertising spend in India is likely to grow to Rs 13,000 crore by December 2018, at a rate of 35 per cent, fuelled by growing demand for smartphones and falling data tariffs, predicts a survey.
The digital ad spend, currently at Rs 9,800 crore, will see an exponential increase on widespread usage of 3G-4G services and the ongoing surge in Internet penetration, according to the survey conducted by industry body Assocham and KPMG.
Citing the 2016 data, the report said the digital ad spend was estimated at around Rs 7,500 crore at 2016-end.
"Around 50 per cent of the overall advertising spend was on digital followed by e-commerce, telecom, technology and banking, financial services and insurance companies," it added.
The increase in smartphones and tablets is helping advertisers reach a wider audience, it said, adding that digital advertisements are flexible and can be adapted to any kind of device like television, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
"The two-way interactive capability and the ability to customise the ad for target audience also make digital advertisements more effective," the survey noted.
Stating that more than 235 million people in India access Internet through mobile devices, the survey said the mobile applications are helping in reaching out to more customers even in remote and rural areas.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.