- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Cos garner Rs 5.52 lakh cr via pvt bond placement in Jan-Sep
Indian firms raised Rs 5.52 lakh crore in January-September 2017 through private placement of corporate bonds to meet business needs, a surge of 19 per cent from year-ago period, according to a Prime Database report.
These funds have been raised mainly for expansion of business plans, repayment of debt and to support working capital requirements.
In debt private placements, firms issue securities or bonds to institutional investors to raise capital.
According to the report, a total of 569 institutions and corporates garnered Rs 5.52 lakh crore in the first nine months of the year. In comparison, firms had raised Rs 4.65 lakh crore in January-September 2016.
The sharp surge in fund-raising could be attributed to contributions made by private sector companies, Prime Database President Sanjeev Khandelwal said.
Private sector raked in Rs 3.42 lakh crore and government owned organisations mopped up Rs 2.09 lakh crore.
In terms of sector, financial services continued to dominate the market, collectively raising Rs 3.78 lakh crore or 68 per cent of the total amount. This was followed by power segment with a fund mop-up of Rs 45,621 crore.
The highest mobilisation through private placement of debt during the period was by HDFC (Rs 42,891 crore) followed by NHAI (Rs 33,550 crore), PFC (Rs 32,266 crore), NABARD (Rs 24,530 crore) and LIC Housing (Rs 19,445 crore).
Most of the money was raised in the 3-5 year maturity bucket (Rs 1.89 lakh crore) followed by over 10 years bucket (Rs 1.23 lakh crore).
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.