- What should investors do with Bajaj Auto Buyback? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- JP Morgan bullish on global markets in H2; rejects possibility of recession, sees inflation receding in second half
- Dalal Street Corner: Easing commodity prices, buying interest in IT, Metal help market extend gains; what should investors do on
- PM Modi meets Joe Biden, Emmanuel Macron and Justin Trudeau at G7 Summit
- Mahindra Scorpio-N 2022: Finally, New Scorpio is here - Price, Booking Open Date, Delivery Date, Variants, Features and more
Correction: Tesla to cut production hours for Model S and X
This story corrects to remove extraneous word "layoffs" in paragraph 5Tesla Inc
The shares of the company fell 4.2 percent to $286.09.
Tesla also faces the unenviable choice of raising prices at the risk of losing customers or slashing costs by thousands of dollars per vehicle as the electric vehicle tax break started to phase out from earlier this month.
Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk had said earlier this month that Tesla will no longer be taking orders for the 75 kWh version of the Model S and X to streamline production.
"As a result of this change and because of improving efficiencies in our production lines, we have reduced Model S and X production hours accordingly," a Tesla spokesperson said in an email.
"These changes, along with continuing improvements, give us the flexibility to increase our production capacity in the future as needed."
The company said it will provide more details on the earnings call scheduled for next Wednesday.
A reduction in tax credit added $3,750 to the price of Tesla`s electric cars starting Jan. 1. Musk had said the need for lower-priced versions of Model 3 will become even greater from July, when the U.S. tax credit again drops in half.
This would add $1,875 to the car`s price tag. The tax credit is set to go away entirely at the end of 2019.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.