- iPhone 14 production starts in India: Apple makes big statement; availability details
- Inflation likely to remain above RBI's tolerance threshold; GDP growth at 7.3%: S&P
- Indian Railways trains cancelled today list, September 26: 207 trains fully cancelled, 39 trains diverted| IRCTC Trains Update
- Manmohan Singh Birthday: Meet the economic reformer and former Prime Minister - 10 points
- Rajasthan political crisis: Congress bigwigs to intervene as Ashok Gehlot vs Sachin Pilot fight escalates
CORRECTED: New York Times beats profit estimate as digital subscribers soar
The New York Times Co reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, as it signed up more advertisers and subscribers for its digital publications, helping offset a slide in print sales.
The company added about 154,000 paid only subscribers to various websites, including the New York Times website, in the third quarter.
Digital advertising revenue rose 11 percent to $49.2 million, accounting for about 43 percent of its total advertising revenue.
The paper`s print advertising revenue fell 20.1 percent to $64.4 million.
Net income attributable to the company rose to $32.3 million in the quarter ended Sept. 24 from $406,000 a year earlier. On a per-share basis it earned 20 cents per share compared with break-even last year.
Excluding items, earnings were 13 cents per share from continuing operations, beating analysts` average estimate of 8 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 6.1 percent to $385.6 million. Analysts on average had expected $389 million.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.