- IPO: 11 public offers raise Rs 33,000 cr between April-June FY23; 17 more in pipeline
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Akasa Air first commercial flight flagged off by Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on this
- IRDAI to rename grievance redressal mechanism; complaints can be filed in regional languages soon
- Market next week: Global cues, macro numbers, last batch of earnings to dictate D-Street in holiday-truncated week: Experts
- Eight of top-10 valued firms add Rs 98,235 cr in m-cap; Infosys, TCS lead gainers
CORRECTED - Airbus says A220 jet receives approval for longer-range routes
Europe`s Airbus said on Monday its Canadian-developed A220 jet had won approval to fly up to three hours away from the nearest airport in the event of a shutdown of one of its two engines, a safety standard which underpins its use on longer-range routes.
The green light has been given by Canada, while approvals in the United States and Europe are still pending, Airbus officials said at a briefing. The extended operations or ETOPS approval affects the number of routes the plane can fly over water or remote areas.
Airbus took control of the loss-making aircraft programme from Canada`s Bombardier
(This version of the story was corrected to show that US/European approval still pending after Airbus officials clarify earlier comments)
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.