- Dalal Street Corner: Market ends flat even as FII selling nears exhaustion; what should investors do on Friday?
- Exclusive: June GST collections estimated at Rs 1.37-1.39 lakh cr, sources tell Zee Business ahead of announcement on 1 July
- Eknath Shinde sworn in as 30th Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Fadnavis becomes Deputy CM
- Gold Price Today: Weaker Rupee to hold yellow metal slide domestically, amid strengthening Dollar; analyst suggests strategy
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Cohen: Trump feared audit if he released tax returns
U.S. President Donald Trump`s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen said on Wednesday that Trump did not want to release his tax returns because he feared public scrutiny would lead to an audit and penalties.
"What he didn`t want is to have an entire group of think tanks that are tax experts run through his tax return and start ripping it to pieces, and then he`ll end up in an audit and he`ll ultimately have taxable consequences, penalties and so on," Cohen told the U.S. House of Representatives Oversight Committee.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.