- Inflation may fall to 5.2 pc next fiscal on normal rains, ease in supplies: RBI report
- Navratan SIP on Zee Business: Buy Avanti Feeds Limited Share - Check price target
- Govt to set up 100 5G labs to promote innovation: IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw
- Indian Railways' 148 trains fully cancelled; Duronto rescheduled, Humsafar Express diverted - Check IRCTC refund rule
- Further rate hike to hit real estate sector badly, says realtors' body Credai
Citgo Petroleum confirms new board, begins CEO search - statement
U.S. refiner Citgo Petroleum Corp on Friday said it accepted a new board of independent directors and launched a search for a chief executive, in a split with its Venezuelan state-run parent PDVSA.
The move by the eighth largest U.S. refiner is another step in efforts to chart a course for the company and to force Venezuela`s Socialist President Nicolas Maduro from office. The United States and dozens of other nations have recognized Venezuelan congress head Juan Guaido as the country`s legitimately elected chief.
Citgo`s statement confirmed earlier reports naming Luisa Palacios, Rick Esser, Edgar Rincon, Angel Olmeta, Luis Urdaneta and Andres Eloy Padilla as the Houston-based company`s new board of directors. Palacios was named chairwoman and Esser will take over day-to-day operations, pending the naming of a new CEO. The statement made no mention of former CEO Asdrubal Chavez.
In addition, Citgo promoted Curtis Rowe to vice president of finance and Karl Schmidt to vice president of supply and marketing. Other executives will continue in their current positions, the statement indicated.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.