- LIC IPO listing on Tuesday: Public insurer may see flat listing amid weak market sentiment – know what analysts say
- LIC IPO Listing To Be LIVE Tomorrow: Finally, date is here! 10 things to know before LIC lists its shares on NSE, BSE on Tuesday
- Dalal Street Corner: Market participants must remain cautious till Nifty sees reversal; do this when exchanges reopen on Tuesday
- IndiGo inappropriately handled specially challenged child says DGCA in its investigation report
- Q4 Results 2022: GlaxoSmithKline, Greenply Industries, Century Plyboards, Raymond announce March quarter results; here are key h
CBI files fresh case against Sterling Biotech for Rs 5,000
The CBI has registered a fresh case against Sterling Biotech Limited for defaulting loans worth over Rs 5,383 crore.
The agency has booked Gujarat-based Sterling Biotech, its Directors Chetan Jayantilal Sandesara, Dipti Chetan Sandesara, Rajbhushan Omprakash Dixit, Nitin Jayantilal Sandesara and Vilas Joshi, Chartered Accountant Hemant Hathi, former Director Andhra Bank Anup Garg and other unidentified persons.
The CBI has alleged that the company had taken loans of over Rs 5,000 crore from a consortium led by Andhra Bank which have turned into non-performing assets.
The FIR has alleged that the total pending dues of the group companies were Rs 5,383 crore as on December 31, 2016.
The directors of the company "connived with the in-house chartered accountant and falsified material records of the company", such as production, turnover and investments in capital assets, the FIR alleged.
"This was allegedly done using various India-based entities and those situated abroad," it alleged.
The company is already under investigation for allegedly bribing tax department officials.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.