- Navratna SIP on Zee Business: BUY Electrosteel Castings share - check price target
- Rupee Vs Dollar: Former CEA K.V. Subramanian explains INR's fall versus greenback; when will USD appreciation stop?
- Croma: Apple iPhone 13 available at Rs 51,990, Apple Watch SE at Rs 27,900 - How to get this deal
- Multibagger stocks: Pondy Oxides, Ram Ratna Wires share price drops 5% ahead of turning ex-bonus tomorrow | Details
- Nirmala Sitharaman criticises states seeking more funds, says 'You Me' culture won't work
Cane crushing in Haryana to start from Nov 1
All cooperative sugar mills in Haryana would start sugarcane crushing from November 1, which is 21 days ahead of the current crushing season, state Agriculture Minister O P Dhankar said today.
The capacity of sugar mills in Karnal, Panipat and Sonipat would be raised to 3,500 tonnes, 5,000 tonnes and 2,200 tonnes per day from the existing 2,200 tonnes, 1,800 tonnes and 1,600 tonnes, respectively.
Dhankar was replying to a calling attention motion moved by opposition members on price of sugarcane on the concluding day of the winter session of the state assembly here.
The minister informed the House that Haryana is the first state where all the payment of sugarcane had been released to farmers. The state is giving highest price of cane to the farmers.
Area under sugarcane cultivation, which was 0.93 hectares in 2014-15, has been increased to 1 lakh hectares in 2015-16 and 1.73 lakh hectares in 2016-17.
The production of sugarcane in 2014-15 was 7 crore quintal and 8.22 crore quintal in 2015-16. This year, 11.20 crore quintal production is expected, he added.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.