- FIIs buy shares worth Rs 3,040 cr on August 12, highest this month; net purchase at Rs 14,841.66 crore
- Independence Day Special: How investment habits, preferences of people have changed over the past 75 years
- Laal Singh Chaddha Vs Raksha Bandhan box office collection: How much money Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar movies made in two days
- Money Guru: As India gears up for 75th Independence Day celebration, where should you invest for benefit in New India? Expert de
- 31 new malls coming soon in India: Set to spawn massive jobs, employment opportunities
CAIT to launch campaign to strengthen importance of traders in polls
Traders' body CAIT Sunday said it has decided to launch a nation-wide campaign in order to establish the importance of trading community in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) is launching a national campaign 'One Nation-One Trader-Ten Votes' beginning February 1 to establish the importance of trading community in polls, the association secretary general Praveen Khandelwal said in a statement.
The Lok Sabha elections are likely to be held in April-May this year.
As part of the campaign, it said, special teams of local trade associations in each city affiliated with the association will contact traders in their respective area and will make them aware of the importance of traders in national economy and urge them to cast their vote on the whip by CAIT.
"The Lok Sabha poll is an opportunity to underline our importance in Indian economy and we are gearing ourselves for the cause," he said.
There are about 7 crore small businesses providing livelihood and employment to about 45 crore people in the country, it claimed.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.