- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
Biocon Q2 net profit down 53 pc at Rs 68.8 cr
Bio-pharmaceutical firm Biocon today reported a 53.10 per cent dip in its consolidated net profit to Rs 68.8 crore for the quarter ended September, mainly on account of plant modifications, Malaysia facility costs and pricing pressures in APIs business.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 146.7 crore for the corresponding period of the previous fiscal, Biocon said in a BSE filing.
Consolidated total income of the company stood at Rs 1,019.4 crore for the quarter under consideration as against Rs 992.5 crore for the same period a year ago.
Commenting on the development, Biocon Chairperson and MD Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw said the company's overall earnings performance was muted on account of several specific factors.
"In particular, plant modifications undertaken to comply with regulatory requirements led to production disruptions.
Additionally, we experienced regulatory and tender delays in some emerging markets for our biosimilars business. Malaysia facility costs and pricing pressures in our APIs business continue to weigh on our P&L," she added.
The company expects these headwinds to ease by the end of this fiscal, Mazumdar-Shaw said.
Shares of Biocon today closed 0.31 per cent down at Rs 365.60 per scrip on BSE.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.