- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
BHEL profit rises 5.9pc at Rs 115.42 cr in July-Sept
State-run power equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) today posted 5.9 per cent rise in standalone net profit at Rs 115.42 crore for the quarter ended on September 30, 2017.
The company's standalone net profit was Rs 109 crore in the quarter ended on September 30, 2016, the PSU said in a statement, adding that profit in July-September 2017-18 is the highest second quarter profit achieved in last three years.
Total income in the quarter was Rs 6,782.08 crore compared to Rs 7,089.79 crore a year ago. The turnover (sales) for the second quarter of 2017-18 stood at Rs 6,168.36 crore compared to Rs 6,780.03 crore in the year-ago quarter.
"The growth in profitability has been made possible despite the provisions made for the increase in wages due to the impending wage revision," Atul Sobti, the Chairman and Managing Director of BHEL told
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.