- E: Independence Day 2022 - PM Modi Speech From Red Fort - Watch Streaming | KNOW TOP POINTS, IMPORTANT QUOTES
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Akasa Airline: What will happen to India's newest airline - founded by Big Bull?
- Stock market holiday today: NSE, BSE to stay close on Independence Day; settlement holiday tomorrow
- Happy Independence Day 2022: How to download, send WhatsApp GIFs, Stickers, Status and more
- Independence Day 2022: Joe Biden calls India, US 'indispensable partners'
Amazon to close all 87 U.S. pop-up stores - WSJ
Amazon.com Inc is closing all 87 of its pop-up stores in the United States, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing a company spokeswoman.
The company`s shares fell 1.2 percent to $1672.94 in afternoon trading.
The closings are expected by the end of April, the report said https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-to-shut-all-u-s-pop-up-stores-as-it-..., citing some of the employees at the stores.
Amazon did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
The company has pop-up stores in places everywhere from Whole Foods to malls and department stores, which prominently feature its Echo and Kindle devices.
Amazon also has similar stores in number of European countries, opening its first in Spain in November.
The online retail giant will open more bookstores and "4-star stores" - stores that sell items rated 4-stars or higher by Amazon customers, the WSJ report said.
Shares of bookseller Barnes & Noble Inc fell 8.4 percent after the report.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.