- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Airlines must give 'frequent & honest' info on delays: Sinha
Union minister Jayant Sinha today asked airlines to give "frequent and honest" information to their passengers about flight delays after a traveller onboard a delayed plane complained to him on Twitter.
"Jet Airways, AirIndia, GoAir, IndiGo, SpiceJet, AirAsia and others should certainly communicate frequently and honestly with passengers regarding delays - this is the SOP," the minister of state for civil aviation tweeted.
His instructions came after the passenger complained to him on Twitter about a delayed Jet Airways flight today.
"Sir I am sitting in a @jetairways plane for over 1 hour 15 minutes. STD was 1325. Now it's 1447. I have checked with the crew and called up customer care. None of them know when this plane will take off. 9w272. Interesting how airlines run these days!!," posted Parul K Gupta.
The flight from New Delhi to Dhaka reached its destination at 5.52 PM after a delay of nearly two hours.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.