- Stock Markets on Monday: FII selling, US market corrections remain a pain point for domestic equities; Anil Singhvi gives trigge
- Even as US markets fell, Nasdaq gets into deeper correction; sees 10% drop from November highs and worst week since 2020
- ICICI Bank Q3FY22 net profit rises 19% to Rs 6,536 cr
- Budget 2022 Expectations: USD14 bn warehousing industry ready with its wishlist ahead of budget
- Mutual Fund in 2021: Equity outperforms Fixed Deposit, gold loses sheen while debt schemes least favoured by millennials
Activist White Tale wants three seats on Clariant board
Activist investor White Tale on Monday demanded three seats on Clariant`s board and an independent strategic review of the Swiss speciality chemicals group after thwarting its plans to merge with U.S. peer Huntsman in a $20 billion deal.
"While the termination of the ill-conceived Huntsman merger is a positive first step in executing on this strategy, by no means is this a cause for celebration," it said.
"The work is just beginning."
White Tale, the investment vehicle of hedge fund manager Keith Meister and New York-based fund 40 North, blocked the Huntsman deal by raising its Clariant stake to above 20 percent. The partners dropped the merger plan on Friday.
"Unfortunately, Clariant management`s comments since Friday betray a desire to go back in time and pretend this episode did not occur. It is not October 2016," it added.
It demanded an independent financial adviser review strategic alternatives for Clariant.
White Tale has called in the past for Clariant to sell its plastics and coatings business and reinvest the proceeds in higher-margin businesses, but said it would keep an open mind based on what the review finds.
"Should we be unable to come to agreement with the current board of directors shortly, we will have no choice but to move to call an extraordinary general meeting so that all shareholders can have a voice in Clariant`s future," it said.
Clariant was not immediately available for comment.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.