- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
20 kg ganja seized from IndiGo warehouse in Imphal
The Manipur Police allegedly recovered 20 kg of contraband ganja (marijuana) Tuesday from the air cargo warehouse of the budget carrier IndiGo in Imphal, the airline said.
IndiGo in a statement confirmed the development and said its staff "suspected" contraband items in a cargo consignment and informed the authorities.
The banned cannabis was found "concealed" among vegetables in baggage inside the air cargo warehouse of the airline by the sleuths of the Narcotics and Affairs of Border (NAB) of Manipur, the release said.
"On receiving information, a team of NAB seized 20 kg of contraband ganja on January 22 which were found concealed among vegetable baggage inside the air cargo warehouse of IndiGo at the Tulihal international airport in Imphal," the release said.
Following standard operating procedures the authorities were informed and the consignment was submitted for further inspection, it added.
A case has been registered at NAB and investigation is going on, the official release said.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.