Xiaomi launches Mi Max in India at price of Rs 14,999
Xiaomi launched the Mi Max and the MIUI 8 in India on Thursday at an event in New Delhi. The Mi Max is priced at Rs 14,999 for the 3GB RAM, 32Gb internal storage with Snapdragon 650 processor and the 4GB RAM, 128GB internal storage with Snapdragon 652 processor is available at Rs 19,999.
While Mi Max will go on open sale from July 13 on Amazon, Paytm, Snapdeal and Flipkart, however it will be first available on flash sale on July 6 on Mi.com.
The device was initially launched in China last month.
The company also launched Global ROM MIUI 8. The public beta of MIUI 8 system will work on devices eligible for Mi 5, Mi Max, Mi Note, Mi 4i, Mi 4, Mi 3, and Mi 2.
The MIUI 8 will be available via OTA update starting July 11 and will be available for download from August 16, according to an Indian Express report.
Some of the features of Mi Max include:
- Snapdragon 650 and Snapdragon 652 processors
- 3 GM RAM and 4 GB variants
- 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage variants
- Gorilla Glass 3
- 6.44 inch display
- Gold, Silver, dark grey colour variants
- 5 MP front camera
- 16 MP rear camera
- 4850 mAh battery
- The phone has an infrared sensor to use the phone as remote for your AC, TV or other compatible devices