No obscene pictures, this is a matrimonial site, Government rules
The Indian Government will soon notify rules that will govern matrimonial sites like Shaadi.com and bharatmatrimony.com.
Bloomberg reported Ravi Shankar Prasad, India’s minister for communications and information technology as saying, “We have approved the standards to check the cheating on such websites.”
It further said, “The government will make it mandatory for websites to keep IP address records as well as make those looking for love upload documents proving their identity to be doubly sure that the websites aren’t being “misused”.”
Here are the nine commandments the government has given for matrimonial sites in the interest of safeguarding its users.
1. It will be the website’s responsibility to verify users.
2. They will have to maintain security of user’s data.
3. Users will have to submit their identity proof.
4. Websites should issue disclaimer that it is not a dating website and it is a matrimonial website.
5. There should not be any obscene material on websites.
6. Websites must State that user need to verify other users.
7. Encouraging registered user to report any fraudulent activities.
8. Website required to publish grievance handler number and name.
9. Websites required to store IP address of user for one year.