Five water-resistant smartphones best suited for this monsoon
If you are one of those unlucky ones whose phone has got spoilt due to the recent downpour, then you need to take a look at some the best waterproof smartphones in India.
The monsoon season might have taken time to get to India, but now that it is here it is in full swing. Late showers in June reduced the rainfall deficit in June to only 11% and the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) forecasts predicts excess rainfall to continue in July.
This year the IMD forecasts an above-normal monsoon season at 106% of the long-period average, according to a Mint report.
While plenty of rainfall comes as good news for many in India, the water or moisture can spell bad news for electronics such as mobile phones.
If you are one of those unlucky ones whose phone has got spoilt due to the recent downpour or don't want fear for your smartphone to ruin the rains for you, then you need to take a look at some the best waterproof smartphones in India.
Here are 5 water-resistant smartphones in India:
1. Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge: The smartphones have water resistance with IP68 ratings, which means the smartphones are cleared to survive submersion for up to half an hour in five feet of water, according to a Phonearena.com report. The Galaxy S7 smartphone has even managed to survive the test of being put in a washing machine. Take a look:
However, the smartphones come at a steep price. While the Galaxy S7 costs around Rs 45,000, the Galaxy S7 Edge is currently priced at Rs 55,000.
2. Apple iPhone 6s: Not to be undone by Android-based phone Apple has build a water-resistant phone with the launch of iPhone 6s. While tests have found that the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus fares well when it comes to handling water, the new iPhone SE does not fare that well. Though it does not come with the water resistance claim as the Samsung S7 it can survive the same half an hour in five feet of water, according to Phonearena.com.
3. Sony Xperia Z5: The smartphone can survive not only splashes of water but also brief periods of submersion in water, according to the report. Some of the specifications include a Quad Core 2GHz processor, 3GB RAM, 5.2 inch display, 23 MP rear camera, 5 MP front camera and 2900 mAh battery.The Sony Xperia Z5 is currently priced at around Rs 36,990.
4. Motorola Moto X Play: This is one of the most water-resistant smartphone and can survive submersion in water for upto half an hour. The phone comes with Hexa Core 1.8 Ghz Snapdragon 808 processor, 3 GB RAM, 5.7 inch display, Gorilla Glass, 5 MP Front and 21 MP primary cameras and 3000 mAh battery. With all these specifications and being water-resistant the phone is attractively priced at around Rs 26,999.
5. HTC Desire Eye: The smartphone has a IPX7 water-resistance rating. This means it is protected against water immersion for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1 metre (3 feet). Other specifications include Quad Core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801, 2 GB RAM, 5.2 inch display, Gorilla Glass, 13 MP primary and front cameras and 2400 mAh battery. It is currently priced at around Rs 20,990.