Income Tax: Download Form 26AS in eight easy steps to file ITR
Your Tax Credit Statement / Form 26-AS is an important document for tax filing.
Income Tax Return (ITR) filing due date is just four days away. By now, the taxpayers must be ready with all the documents.
If you are a salaried employee, your company might have provided you Form 16. Apart from it, Form 26AS is equally important.
Here's how you can download it.
Your Tax Credit Statement / Form 26-AS is an important document for tax filing. Instead of manually downloading your Form-26AS for filing your I-T Returns, you can directly import your 26AS information while filing your Income Tax Returns.
The form can be downloaded from TRACES (TDS Reconciliation Analysis and Correction Enabling System) which is part of Income Tax Department. It is linked with your PAN. You can view the form from FY09 onwards.
As per Cleartax, you can download and view Form 26AS through the TRACES website in eight simple steps:
1. Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and Login using your income tax department login & password. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to Register first (see the button on top of LOGIN).
2. Enter your PAN number, password and date of birth / date of incorporation in DD/MM/YYYY format. And enter the captcha code. Now click on LOGIN.
3. The following screen will appear. Go to ‘My Account’. Click on ‘View Form 26AS’ in the drop down
4. Click on ‘Confirm’ so that you are redirected to the TRACES website. (Don’t worry, this is a necessary step and is completely safe since it is a government website).
5. You are now on the TRACES (TDS-CPC) website. Select the box on the screen and click on ‘Proceed’.
6. Click on the link at the bottom of the page – ‘Click View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) to view your Form 26AS’.
7. Choose the Assessment Year and the format in which you want to see the Form 26-AS. If you want to see it online, leave the format as HTML. If you would like to download a PDF for future reference, choose PDF. After you have made your choice, enter the ‘Verification Code’ and click on ‘View/Download’.
8. To open the document you have to enter a password. Form 26AS password is your DOB in DDMMYYY format. Voila! Your Income Tax Form 26AS will be shown!
With hardly any days left, do not wait further and file your ITR now!