Financial year end: Stocks that gave over 300% return to investors
Equity markets in this financial year has seen its highs and lows. One moment when the markets were making the investors richer, soon another moment it left the investors empty pockets.
Overall, it has managed to pass through lot of volatility caused due to events like Brexit, demonetisation, State Assembly Elections, GST Bill and other global and domestic factors that contributed in investors sentiments.
Despite all the turbulance, there are stocks that made the investors richer in just one year. There are companies which gave nearly 600% returns in this financial year.
These stocks are termed as Multibagger stock, which means those equity stocks which gave more than 100% return to investors. The term is most commonly used in emerging markets like India, China.
Amit Goenka, Analysts, Multibaggerstocks.co.in, shared the data of these stocks.
1. Indian Metals & Ferro Alloys Ltd: Producer of ferro alloys company gave returns of 597% to its investors in this fiscal. On April 1, 2016, the share price of the company was trading at Rs 132.95 per piece. While today, the share of the company is trading at Rs 768 per piece on BSE.
2. Jayant Agro Organics Ltd.: Jayant Agro-Organics Limited is an emerging global oleochemical company with leadership in the castor-based specialty chemicals industry. The shares of the company on April 1, 2016 was trading at Rs 136.4 per piece which jumped to Rs 781.35 in March, 2017, giving returns of 592% to investors.
3. Tata Metaliks: Tata Group's subsidiary, iron and steel mills company, gave investors return of 502% in this financial year. The shares of the company on April 1, 2016, was trading at Rs 131.8 per piece, which surged to Rs 584 per piece in March, 2017.
4. Star Paper Mills Ltd.: Paper mill company gave return of 428% to its investors in this fiscal. The shares of the company last year in April was trading at Rs 36.45 per piece which jumped to Rs 178 per piece on BSE in one year.
5. Shreyans Industries Ltd: Paper and textiles major, Shreyans Industries gave its investors a return of 412%. The shares of the company on April 1, 2016 was trading at Rs 37.5 per piece which rose to Rs 138.1 per piece in March, 2017.
Other stocks which were included under Multibaggers are Thirumalai Chemicals Ltd (405%), Agarwal Industrial Corporation Ltd (365%), Bhageria Industries Ltd (356%), Beardsell Ltd (335%), Crest Ventures Ltd (333%), Shilpi Cable Technologies Ltd (329%), Maan Aluminium Ltd (317%), Aptech Ltd (303%), Chemfab Alkalies Ltd (291%), Escorts Ltd (290%), V2 Retail Ltd (289%), Maithan Alloys Ltd (280%), Electrotherm (India) Ltd (276%), Sudarshan Chemical Industries Ltd (273%).
So, in the next financial year keep investing in equity markets as you never know how rich it will make you.