Despite over 1000 point fall last week, these mutual funds rose
Domestic markets last week were bearish on the back of profit-booking from investors and Sebi's announcement on ban of 331 companies from trading. Despite fall in Sensex, Nifty, Hybrid and Debt funds performed well.
After being bullish, last week, domestic markets turned bearish due to profit-booking from investors in view of global tension amidst foreign capital outflows.
BSE Sensex plunged 1,112 points while NSE Nifty dropped by 356 points during the week. Experts believe that following Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) announcement on restricting 331 shell companies from trading, affected the sentiments of the investors.
The time when investors were loosing money in equity markets, there are mutual funds which managed to perform well.
Here we are talking about Debt Funds and Hybrid Funds. Below is the list:
Debt Funds: These are funds that invest in debt instruments e.g. company debentures, government bonds and other fixed income assets. They are considered safe investments and provide fixed returns.
Last week, the debt funds managed to give returns of nearly 0.4%
1. UTI FTIFXIXPlanIDP (G): With net asset value of 13.02, the fund gave return of 0.37% in the last week.
2. HDFC FMP1309DSep16DP (G): With NAV of 11.05, the fund gave return of 0.19% last week.
3. DHFL Pra ICP URAbv3Y (G): With NAV of 103.20, the fund gave return of 0.17% last week.
Hybrid Funds: A Hybrid Fund is a type of mutual fund which has a portfolio that consists of a combination of bonds and stocks. This combination can remain fixed or may vary equivalently over time. Most hybrid funds are a combination of debt and equity securities in varying proportions.
On the back of its "balancing risk" feature, the funds gave nearly 1% return last week.
1. SBI DualAdv SIII DP (G): With NAV of 12.73, the funds gave return of 0.96% in a week.
2. Edelweiss ArbitragDP (G): With NAV of 12.67, the fund gave return of 0.25% last week.
3. BNP Pari Enhan ArbDP (G): With NAV of 10.47, the fund gave return of 0.28% in a week.
Disclaimer: This story is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as an investment advice.