CMC Ltd. Stock Info: As on 2015-09-29 00:00:00
|Market Cap / Sales Ratio||4.51|
|Basic EPS (Rs.)||65.27|
|Return On Assets||12.61|
|Parameter||Mar-15 (₹ Cr.)||Yoy%change|
|Total share capital||30.30|
|Parameter||Mar-15 (₹ Cr.)||6M % change|
|Total share capital||30.30|
|Company||Curr Price||Prev. Close||Change%||W's Low/High|
Bartronics India Ltd.
Cerebra Integrated Technologies Ltd.
Ducon Infratechnologies Ltd.
HCL Infosystems Ltd.
Org Informatics Ltd.
Panache Digilife Ltd.
Redington (India) Ltd.
|Company||Curr Price||Prev. Close||Change%||W's Low/High|
ACI Infocom Ltd.
Allied Computers International (Asia) Ltd.
Bartronics India Ltd.
CCS Infotech Ltd.
Cerebra Integrated Technologies Ltd.
Computer Point Ltd.
Crazy Infotech Ltd.
|Parameter||Mar-15(in ₹ Cr.)|
|Cash from operating activities||171.98|
|Cash from investing activities||-86.83|
|Cash from financing activities||-79.75|
|Net change in cash||5.41|
Stock Held By Mutual Fund Schemes
NBCC to launch 1,000 flats for sale during festival
State-owned construction firm NBCC will launch about 1,000 flats for sale in this festival season and is in discussion with the government to develop affordable housing projects on surplus land with PSUs. The company is also in talks with the government for developing islands in Andaman and Nicobar and Lakshadweep, its Chairman and Managing Director Anoop Kumar Mittal said. We have been appointed as land management agency for the surplus land with sick PSUs. We are in close discussion with the government to develop affordable housing projects on some of the land parcels, he told reporters. On developing island, Mittal said the company has experience in developing islands in Maldives and expects to bag similar projects in India. We will be launching 1,000 flats as well as commercial area across the country including Delhi-NCR in this festival. The flats will be in the price range of Rs 15 lakh to Rs 1 crore, he said. Asked about taking over stressed projects of Jaypee Infratech and Amrapali, he said the company has not received any offer from any stakeholder including buyers, builders or the government. However, he said the company would certainly consider if there is any opportunity, provided projects should be viable and not bring bad name to the NBCC. On land purchase from Air India, Mittal said the company had signed an MoU with Air India for monetisation of surplus land assets of the national carrier, but there has not been much progress. However, the CMD said that the company has recently bought a land parcel from Air India in Mauritius for Rs 3 crore. Two years back, it had bought another land parcel from Air India in Coimbatore for Rs 25 crore. Mittal said two land parcels in Vasant Vihar and Baba Kharag Singh Marg in Delhi were given on lease to Air India by the government and the same is being returned to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. The company could develop projects on these two land parcels, he added. Mittal said the company has an order book of Rs 75,000 crore and the same is likely to touch Rs 1 lakh crore in the next few months. The company has an order book of Rs 700 crore from overseas. On developing railway stations, he said the company has bagged 10 projects and would like to develop at least 4-5 projects before acquiring more such projects from the Railway Ministry. Among major projects, NBCC has bagged over Rs 2,000 crore project to develop integrated exhibition-cum-convention centre for ITPO at Pragati Maidan. NBCC, which is under the administrative control of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, is present in three main segments - Project Management Consultancy (PMC), Real Estate Development and EPC Contracting.
NTPC wins Bhubaneswar round of Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz
National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd has emerged the winner of the Bhubaneswar regional round of Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz, 2017. Around 50 teams from prominent corporate houses across the state capital participated in the quiz, which will traverse 25 cities in India, a Tata Group release said. Chandan Shahi and Sujit Varkey of NTPC will compete with winning teams from five cities in the zonal finals. Soubhagya Jena and Gursheel Singh Sahni from Reckitt Benckiser were declared as the runners-up. Suresh G Menon, vice-president and general manager - Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (Eastern Region), yesterday felicitated the winners, who were awarded Rs 75,000, while the runners-up took home a prize money of Rs 35,000. The Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz, 2017 format is based on the concept of 'Real-Time Strategy', involving different rounds, with decision-making and strategy being the key to win the title, the release said. The national winners will get a prize money of Rs 5 lakh, along with the Tata Crucible Trophy, it added.
Unichem Lab gets USFDA nod for Ibesartan, Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
Drug major Unichem Laboratories on Wednesday said it has received ANDA approval from the USFDA for Ibesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets USP, 150mg/12.5mg and 300 mg/12.5 mg which are therapeutically equivalent to Avalide tablets 150 mg/12.5 mg and 300mg/12.5 mg of Sanofi – Aventis US LLC. “Ibesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of Ibesartan, an angiotensin II receptor antagonist and Hydrochlorothiazide, a thiazide diuretic. The product is indicated for hypertension in patients likely to need multiple drugs to achieve their blood pressure goals,” said Unichem Laboratories in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange. The product will be commercialised from Unichem’s Ghaziabad plant. API will also be made at Pithampura/Roha API plants, it added. Meanwhile, shares of company were trading at Rs 245 apiece, down 1.33 per cent, from previous close on the BSE at 15:20 hours.
GIPCL bags 75 MW solar power projects from GUVNL
Gujarat Industries Power Company (GIPCL) said that it has emerged as one of the successful Bidders for the 75 MW Solar Power Project in the e-reverse auction conducted by Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam (GUVNL). “GIPCL has emerged as one of the successful Bidders for the 75 MW Solar Power Project in the e-reverse auction conducted by Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam (GUVNL) on September 19, 2017 for 500 MW Solar Power Projects, in the State of Gujarat. on September 19, 2017 for 500 MW Solar Power Projects, in the State of Gujarat,” the company said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange. GIPCL is engaged in business of Electrical Power Generation. The company has a vision to transform itself into a national level power sector enterprise. Meanwhile, shares of the company were trading at Rs 142.65 apiece, up 2.55 per cent from the previous close at 14:25 hours on BSE.
PGCIL board approves Rs 198.50 cr for Baharampur unit
State-run electric utilities company Power Grid Corporation of India on Wednesday said its board has approved investment worth Rs 198.49 crore for Baharampur (POWERGRID) –Bheramara, Bangladesh. “The POWERGRID boards of directors in their meeting on September 19, 2017, have accorded investment approval for Baharampur (POWERGRID) –Bheramara, Bangladesh 2nd 400kV D/c Transmission Line (Indian Portion) at an estimated cost of Rs 198.49 crore,” Power Grid Corporation of India said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange. The company further said that the commissioning schedule for plant is 24 months from the date of investment approval. Meanwhile, shares of company were trading at Rs 213.6 apiece, down 0.81 per cent, from previous close on the BSE at 14:10 hours.
- The Company was incorporated on 26th December at Andhra Pradesh. The Company was instrumental in developing an indigenous base for computer know-how in the country by offering users the complete range of computer support services. It provide IT based services and turnkey solutions connected with all aspects of computers and communications.
- The Company entered other areas of computers and communications related services like systems consultancy and design, systems integration soft ware development, data communication and networking providing total solution to specific needs of clients.
- It took over the maintenance of over 800 IBM data processing and computer installations in the country in June and later started maintaining systems of other manufacturers as well.
- The major projects undertaken by the company were (i) `Coals-rails' project for Coal India Ltd.; (ii) Pipeline Monitoring and leak detection SCADA system for ONGC; (iii) Turnkey SCADA system for NTPC for their generation data acquisition and Monitering; (iv) A comprehensive Container and Cargo Management system for the Port of Fujairah; (v) Import Export Cargo Management system for the international Airports Authority of India and (vi) Technology updation/modernisation project for UTI.
- 25,27,800 shares were disinvested by the Govt. in favour of GIC and its subsidiaries at face value.
- Major International Contracts were signed with CMC' Crystal package to Jordan Phosphate Mining Company, CMC's MACH-Container Terminal Management System to Port of Penang in Malaysia, ICIM, India Saudi Business Machines, Saudi Arabia for software and professional services, Extension order for software project with HRMS Oman, Contract with RITSEC Egypt for providing professional IT Training Services in Egypt, A two year consultancy contract with State Commercial Bank, Mauritius.
- The Major projects undertaken were (i) A user friendly foreign exchange and trade finance package called Bank vision; (ii) A State-of-the-art-on-line integrated retail banking package the Total Concept system version 4; (iii) Materials and Maintenance management project for TISCO; (iv) A project to facilitate allocation of coal to customers for Eastern Coalfields Ltd.; (v) A sample testing, monitoring and recording system at the National Test house with high user satisfaction; (vi) Installation of CDC 870, CDC 930 systems and NCR 3550 at CMC Private STP, Gachibowli; (vii) Installation of CYC/R(Cyclone)/Integrity a Fault Tolerant Tandem Maintenance. (viii) MESIEA (Message Simulation Error Analysis) software for LRDE-Bangalore.
- The Company undertook a major restructuring exercise to give focus to the main line of activities. Five Strategic Business Units viz. Customer Services, System Integration, International, Education & Training and Indonet have been formed.
- Major International contracts signed during the year were (i) Contract for Computer Based Training packages to the European market place through Electrovision, UK; (ii) Contract for onsite and offshore software development for specialised tunnelling software for Amberg Measuring Technique, Switzerland, (iii) Contract for support services in India and 20 other countries in Middle East for Photogrammetry equipment supplied by Swiss multinational Leica.
- Another major contract entered by the company was with M/s. Linktek of Canada for development of Freebalance Financial System.
- Major projects undertaken by the company were (i) The screen based Stock Trading System for BSE; (ii) Across the Counter sales of unit Certificate for UTI; (iii) Jacket Inspection system for ONGC; (iv) Container Terminal Control System for BPT; (v) CMCMAIL package for Chennai Stock Exchange; (vi) ELINT Ground processing and Display system project for DLRL; (vii) Corporate Information System for Neyveli Lignite Corporation; (viii) On-line integrated information system for Tamilnadu Newsprint & Papers Ltd.; (ix) Integrated Management system for Assam Oil; (x) Commercial/business system based on sybase and Power Builder for IBP; (x) Customised implementation of AMIGAS system for weather forecasting; (xii) Materials management, Track and Trace system for speed post, Department of Posts; (xiii) Integrated Container Management system for Tuglakabad Inland Container Depot; (xiv) Integrated Cargo Management system for IAAI; (xv) Development of front-end software.
- The Major projects undertaken were: (i) On line screen based Trading system for Calcutta Stock Exchanges; (ii) Integrated Information system for Games Management for the South Asian Federation Games at Chennai and the Sixth African Games at Zimbabwe; (iii) EREB-SCADA Augmentation project facilitating centralised monitoring of generation data from various generating stations; (iv) Automatic Message Switching system for India Meteorological Department; (v) On-line computerisation of Front office banking operations at Andhra Pradesh using the product `Bank View'; (vi) Development of software for reconnaissance, direction finding and frequency monitoring for a critical Electronic Air Warfare project undertaken by a premier Defence lab; (vii) Computerisation of Materials Management, Maintenance Management etc. for GSFC and GNFC.
- A 3 year contract for development/support work for Linkteks `Free Balance' Financial Management system was signed. Total Concept Solution (Version 4) was launched by the Company.
- The major projects undertaken by the company were: (i) implementation of VECTOR for Ludhiana, Cochin, Coimbatore, Indore and Baroda Regional Stock Exchanges; (ii) Large value turnkey software projects for Indira Gandhi National Open University, Airport Authority of India and Power Finance Corporation; (iii) Irrigation project for Teesta River in West Bengal; (iv) UNIFACE based software project for Linktek Corporation of Canada; (v) Computerisation project for National Games at Bangalore; (vi) Upgradation and replacement of Load Dispatch system for Andhra Pradesh & Tamilnadu State Electricity Boards etc.
- Augmenting the existing systems were received from the Railways and the NSE.
- The Company tied-up with BaaN one of the world's largest ERP solution provider and the company received an order for implementation of ERP from Semi Conductor Ltd, Punjab.
- CMC and Baan signed an agreement under which the former will market the ERP package developed by Baan.
- The State Bank Institute of Information Communication and Management (SBIICM), in collaboration with CMC Ltd, has set up intranet to access various databases set up within the organisation.
- Sun Microsystems, the $8 billion US networking company, has roped in CMC Ltd, a government of India enterprise, to set up the first competency centre for development of Sun's Java technologies in association with the Department of Electronics (DoE) and Nasscom, the nodal agency of software companies.
- CMC Ltd, was awarded the Techies 97 award for the best maintenance company, in recognition of providing quality maintenance services in the fields of hardware, networking and operational services like facility management.
- The ports of Bremerhaven and Eurokhai in Hamburg (Germany) have signed agreement with the CMC.
- CMC set up an ERP development centre in Calcutta in collaboration with Baan of the Netherlands.
- CMC Ltd, the premier information technology company, launched India's first insurance application software package Genisys.
- The public sector CMC Ltd. will set up a very-small aperture terminal (V-Sat) hub in Hyderabad to cash in on the booming industry.
- CMC has also set up a software development and competence centre in Calcutta which would continue to design and develop products for the insurance industry.
- CMC also wants to establish a wholly owned subsidiary in Europe and this is most likely to be established in the UK.
- India On-Line (P) Ltd. (IOL), the proposed joint venture between the MTC consortium and CMC Ltd, is to now function as a wholly-owned subsidiary of MTC and will be based in New Delhi.
- CMC recently signed an agreement with the New India Assurance Co. to provide a software application package.
- CMC Limited signed an agreement with ITI Limited to implement an Enterprise Resource Planning software at the companies facility at Mankapur in Gonda district.
- Three of General Insurance Corporation's subsidiaries are in talks with CMC Ltd. for adopting Genisys, the general insurance software system developed by it.
- The Department of Electronics (DoE) is setting up a Centre for Electronic Commerce in Hyderabad, to be housed and managed by the public sector Computer Maintenance Corporation (CMC) Ltd. in its Gutchi Bowli campus.
- CMC Ltd. has signed a memorandum of understanding with Bharat Bhari Udyog Nigam Ltd. (BBUNL) to implement ERP (enterprise resource planning) across the 10 subsidiaries of the group.
- CMC also owns a 100 per cent subsidiary in the US, Baton Rouge.
- The Company and Research Engineers Pvt Ltd, a subsidiary of Research Engineers Inc of the US have entered into a collaboration with deemed university, Bengal Engineering College, to introduce a M Tech course in information technology (IT).
- The Company has announced the introduction of its new e-DAST program.
- P. K. De has been appointed as director (technical) of information technology major CMC Ltd.
- CMC Limited has been awarded the Platinum award for Best System Integrator Partner by Compaq India.
- CMC has entered into a strategic tie-up with Oracle India to offer Oracle Education Creer Programme.
- CMC Ltd. has designed and developed a Website for the municipal corporation of Delhi.
-The Government invited bids for privatising computer Hardware major CMC Ltd.
-TCS, Wipro and H-P have submitted Expression of Interest for picking up government's stake in CMC Ltd.
-Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology along with CMC Ltd, is now evolving the required technology that will enable domestic banks to foray into electronic commerce in a big way.
-The president of India has appointed Shri Y S Bhave, Joint Secretary and Financial Advisor, Ministry of Information Technology on the Board of the company as the part time official Director.
-CMC Ltd has developed a range of applications covering the entire gamut of banking and insurance sectors,including software solutions for electronic payment gateways and e-cheques.
-Government has sold 51% of its stake in State-run computer software and maintainence firm CMC toTata Sons for Rs.152crs.
-Tata Sons has invited Shardul S Shroff, managing partner of law firm to join the board of CMC Ltd.
-CMC reconstituted its Board of Directors: Mr.S Ramdorai, Chairman Mr.S S Ghosh, Managing Director Mr Ishaat Hussain, Director Mr R Ramanan, Director Mr Y S Bhave, Government Nominee
-Tata's stocks are valued at more than Rs.320cr in CMC Ltd.
-Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with CMC Ltd for implementing advanced IT solutions for power systems.
-CMC Ltd has signed a MoU with Hyderabad based Jawaharlal Nehru Technology Unviersity to provide IT training and soft skills for engineering college students in new and emerging technologies.
-TCS and CMC together have bagged a Rs.84cr contract from a US country for outsourcing IT services.
-CMC Ltd has declare that it has build up Games Management Software that facilitates management of mega sporting events by processing large data and helps disseminate information.
-CMC Ltd has obtained order to implement the state's pretigious commercial tax computerization and networking project.
-National Bank of Bahrain has signed a contract with CMC Ltd for the installation and implementation of CMC core banking solution.
-CMC has developed and implemented a PDA-BASED Healthcare project called India Health Care (IHC) in Nalgonda District of Andhra Pradesh.
-CMC Ltd has obtained orders worth Rs.150crs in various sectors like banking, port, cargo, railways and e-governance projects, both from domestic and overseas market.
-CMC has also successfully unveiled its Total Concept of Banking System(TC/4) at the 55th branch of United Western Bank.
-Mr Y S Bhave, Director of the company has resigned.
-Mr. R Chandrasekhar, Joint Secretary, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, has been appointed as Director of the company with effect from December 04, 2003.
-Mr. S S Ghosh has completed his term as Managing Director & CEO on December 12, 2003. Mr. R Ramanan, who was Dy. Managing Director & COO of the company, has been elevated as Managing Director & CEO w.e.f. December 13, 2003.
-Xilinx Inc on February 25, 2004 announced a strategic partnership with CMC Ltd. The new Xilinx - CMC India Development Centre (XIDC) in Hyderabad is being established to develop field programmable gate array (FPGA) solutions targeted at high-growth markets, such as digital consumer electronics, automotive and communications.
-Govt. of India offloads its remaining equity in CMC Ltd. by selling 3.98 million shares through public issue at a price of Rs 485 per share
- -Tata Sons has transferred its entire 51.12 per cent equity stake in CMC to group company Tata Consultancy services (TCS) for Rs 380 crore at Rs 490.5 a share.
-CMC Limited has launched a new training programme called EDGE - Essential Diploma for Graduate Engineer, a placement-oriented training programme catering to requirements of both IT companies and job aspirants
- Equity shares of CMC Ltd delisted from Hyderabad Stock Exchange from June 3.
-EMC Corporation has appointed CMC as its systems integrator partner and provider of IT services to offer information storage solutions in the Indian market
-CMC in alliance with SAS
-WebEx joins hand with CMC
- CMC Ltd has informed that Ms. Kalpana Morparia has been appointed as Independent Director on the Board of the Company with effect from March 11, 2008.
- CMC Ltd has informed that Mr. S. Mahalingam has been appointed on the Board of Directors of the Company with effect from January 14, 2010 as the Non-Executive Director.
-CMC appoints Mr Sudhakar Rao, a retired IAS officer as Independent Director.
-CMC conferred with Certificate of Recognition by ICSI for excellence in Corporate Governance
-CMC has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-CMC Wins the Golden Peacock Innovative Product / Service Award - 2011.
-CMC's Generation Control Room Project for Mahagenco bags the eMaharashtra Award 2012.
-Fuel Pilferage Prevention System designed by CMC for Indian Oil Corporation Ltd wins eWorld 2012 Award for Best use of ICT for Public Sector Units.
-Intelligent Transport System designed by CMC for Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation wins eWorld 2012 Award for Best ICT enabled Urban Governance Initiative of the Year.
-CMC Wins Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award 2012 .
-CMC wins the Best Business Process Excellence Program award at the Global Awards for Excellence in Quality Management and Leadership.
-CMC wins the Best of Breed HR practices Award 2012.
-CMC Academy launches new Education and Training Centre in Nagpur.
-NSDC and CMC Limited sign MoU to train J&K youth for global IT Industry.
-CMC wins TV5 Business Leader Award in Information Technology Sector.
-"CMC Limited and Unitec, New Zealand launched two vocational education programs in India".
-CMC wins Golden Peacock Business Excellence Award.
- CMC expands its education network in Delhi NCR.
-"CMC Awarded Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Corporate Governance by ICSI".
-CMC Awarded Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Corporate.
-CMC Limited amalgamate with TCS.
-CMC awarded Certificate of Recognition by ICSI.
Karvy Computershare Private Ltd.