CMC Ltd. Stock Info: As on 2015-09-29 00:00:00
|Market Cap / Sales Ratio||4.51|
|Basic EPS (Rs.)||65.27|
|Return On Assets||12.61|
|Parameter||Mar-15 (₹ Cr.)||Yoy%change|
|Total share capital||30.30|
|Parameter||Mar-15 (₹ Cr.)||6M % change|
|Total share capital||30.30|
|Company||Curr Price||Prev. Close||Change%||W's Low/High|
Bartronics India Ltd.
Cerebra Integrated Technologies Ltd.
Ducon Infratechnologies Ltd.
HCL Infosystems Ltd.
Org Informatics Ltd.
Panache Digilife Ltd.
Redington (India) Ltd.
|Company||Curr Price||Prev. Close||Change%||W's Low/High|
ACI Infocom Ltd.
Allied Computers International (Asia) Ltd.
Bartronics India Ltd.
CCS Infotech Ltd.
Cerebra Integrated Technologies Ltd.
Computer Point Ltd.
Crazy Infotech Ltd.
|Parameter||Mar-15(in ₹ Cr.)|
|Cash from operating activities||171.98|
|Cash from investing activities||-86.83|
|Cash from financing activities||-79.75|
|Net change in cash||5.41|
Stock Held By Mutual Fund Schemes
LIC Housing Finance Q4 net jumps 18% at Rs 529 cr
LIC Housing Finance, mortgage loan arm of Life insurance Corp of India, on Tuesday reported 18.11 per cent growth in its standalone net profit at Rs 529.17 crore during the three months ended March 31, 2017. “The housing finance company had posted standalone net profit of Rs 448.02 crore in the corresponding period of previous fiscal, said LIC Housing Finance in a filing to Bombay Stock Exchange. The net revenue from operations rose by 12.21 per cent to Rs 3,642.87 crore during Q4 FY17, compared to Rs 3,246.40 crore in Q4 FY16. Other income declined to Rs 18.99 crore from 27.54 crore in the same period last year. Total expenses for the three-month period rose by 10.7 per cent to Rs 2,855.76 crore, up from Rs 2,579.67 crore in the corresponding period last year. For financial year 2016-17, the company has posted net profit of Rs 1,931.05 crore as against total revenue of Rs 14,080.35 crore. The net worth of the company stood at Rs 11,077.02 crore at the end of the year 2016-17, compared to Rs 9,145.97 crore in the previous financial year. Meanwhile, shares of company closed day’s trade at Rs 673.10 apiece, up 2.33 per cent, on the BSE.
Wipro Q4 profit marginally up, revises Q1FY18 guidance
Wipro, the country’s third largest software exporter, on Tuesday reported fourth quarter earnings report that came in line with market expectations, but the revenue guidance for first quarter of FY18 missed estimates. “The IT bellwether has reported a marginal growth of 0.4 per cent in its consolidated net profit at Rs 2,267 crore during the January-March quarter of 2017-18 compared to Rs 2257.30 crore in the year ago period,” said Wipro in a filing to Bombay Stock Exchange. The consolidated total income of company rose by 5 per cent to Rs 15,033.80 crore in Q4 FY17 from Rs 14,312.70 crore in Q4 FY16. Looking forward, the company expects revenues from IT services business to be in the range of USD 1,915 million to USD 1,955 million for Q1FY17. In percentage terms, the growth is expected to be in range of (2)-0 per cent over its Q4 revenue of USD 1,954.6 million. The company said that its board has approved issue of bonus shares in the proportion of 1:1 (one bonus equity share of Rs 2 each for every one fully paid-up equity share held) as on the record date, subjected to approval of the members of the company. The board of directors will consider a proposal for buyback of equity shares of the company around July 2017, it added. For financial year 2016-17, the company has posted net profit of Rs 8,517.90 crore as against total revenue of Rs 57,995.10 crore. “We delivered revenues within the guidance range in our fourth quarter,” said Abidali Z. Neemuchwala, Chief Executive Officer and Member of the Board. “We are confident that the recovery in Energy & Utilities and our demonstrated strength in Digital will help us improve our growth trajectory during the course of the current financial year.” Meanwhile, shares of company closed day’s trade at Rs 494.55 apiece, up 0.56 per cent, on the BSE.
Welspun India Q4 cons PAT dips 21.5% at Rs 153.80 cr
Textile firm Welspun India on Tuesday reported a 21.5 per cent decline in its consolidated net profit after taxes (PAT) at Rs 153.80 crore during the three months ended March 31, 2017. “The Mumbai-based company had posted consolidated PAT of Rs 195.90 crore in the corresponding period of previous fiscal, said Welspun India in a filing to Bombay Stock Exchange. The consolidated total revenue from operation surged by 8.7 per cent to Rs 1,757.20 crore during Q4 FY17, compared to Rs 1,616.20 crore in Q4 FY16, driven by double digit growth in volumes in terry towels and rugs and higher mix of innovative and branded products. Operating profit for the three-month period dipped by 12.6 per cent to Rs 394.60 crore, up from Rs 451.50 crore in the corresponding period last year, adversely affected due to sudden spurt in raw material and energy cost. For financial year 2016-17, the company has posted net profit of Rs 357.60 crore as against total revenue of Rs 6,640.50 crore. In a separate release, the company has said that its board has recommended a dividend at the rate of 65 per cent (i.e. Re. 0.65 per share on equity share of Rs 1 each) for approval of equity shareholders in the forthcoming Annual General Meeting. Commenting on Q4 earnings, B.K. Goenka, Chairman, Welspun Group, said: “The industry is facing significant head winds in terms of raw material and energy cost pressures as well as Rupee appreciation, which will keep the margins under pressure during FY18. The company is well placed to face this challenge with its differentiation strategy of Innovation, Branding and Sustainability which it has been pursuing for quite some time now.” “Further, the company is geared itself for the opportunity in the Domestic Market which have a few significant enablers like the Government's Policy on ‘Housing for all by 2022’and the implementation of GST.” Meanwhile, shares of company closed trade at Rs 94.25 apiece, down 0.26 per cent, on the BSE.
Zydus gets USFDA final nod for anti-hypertensive tablets
Pharma major Cadila Healthcare Ltd on Tuesday said it has received final approval from the US health regulator to market anti-hypertensive drug - Olmesartan Medoxomil tablets. “The company has received final approval from the USFDA to market Olmesartan Medoxomil tablets, in strengths of 5 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg,” Cadila Healthcare Ltd said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange on April 25, 2017. The company further said that, this is a day one approval after the expiry of 181 day exclusivity. The said drug is an anti-hypertensive and will be produced at the group’s formulations manufacturing facility located at the Pharma SEZ in Ahmedabad, it said. As per IMS MAT February 2017, the estimated sales for Olmesartan is USD 982 million. The group now has over 110 approvals and has so far filed more than 300 ANDAs since the commencement of the filing process in FY 2003-04, it added. Meanwhile, shares of the company closed at Rs 456.70 apiece, up 1.22 per cent, from previous close on BSE.
Can Fin Homes Q4 net jumps 49% at Rs 70.87 cr
Can Fin Homes, engaged in the business of housing finance, on Tuesday reported a 49.35 per cent growth in its standalone net profit at Rs 70.87 crore during the three months ended March 31, 2017. “The Canara Bank promoted company had posted standalone net profit of Rs 47.45 crore in the corresponding period of previous fiscal, said Can Fin Homes in a filing to Bombay Stock Exchange. The total income from operation surged by 22.42 per cent to Rs 361.49 crore during Q4 FY17, compared to Rs 295.27 crore in Q4 FY16. Total expenses for the three-month period stood at Rs 24.07 crore, up from Rs 19.14 crore in the corresponding period last year. For financial year 2016-17, the company has posted net profit of Rs 235.26 crore as against total revenue of Rs 1,353.12 crore. Meanwhile, shares of company closed trade at Rs 2,571.05 apiece, down 0.40 per cent, on the BSE.
- The Company was incorporated on 26th December at Andhra Pradesh. The Company was instrumental in developing an indigenous base for computer know-how in the country by offering users the complete range of computer support services. It provide IT based services and turnkey solutions connected with all aspects of computers and communications.
- The Company entered other areas of computers and communications related services like systems consultancy and design, systems integration soft ware development, data communication and networking providing total solution to specific needs of clients.
- It took over the maintenance of over 800 IBM data processing and computer installations in the country in June and later started maintaining systems of other manufacturers as well.
- The major projects undertaken by the company were (i) `Coals-rails' project for Coal India Ltd.; (ii) Pipeline Monitoring and leak detection SCADA system for ONGC; (iii) Turnkey SCADA system for NTPC for their generation data acquisition and Monitering; (iv) A comprehensive Container and Cargo Management system for the Port of Fujairah; (v) Import Export Cargo Management system for the international Airports Authority of India and (vi) Technology updation/modernisation project for UTI.
- 25,27,800 shares were disinvested by the Govt. in favour of GIC and its subsidiaries at face value.
- Major International Contracts were signed with CMC' Crystal package to Jordan Phosphate Mining Company, CMC's MACH-Container Terminal Management System to Port of Penang in Malaysia, ICIM, India Saudi Business Machines, Saudi Arabia for software and professional services, Extension order for software project with HRMS Oman, Contract with RITSEC Egypt for providing professional IT Training Services in Egypt, A two year consultancy contract with State Commercial Bank, Mauritius.
- The Major projects undertaken were (i) A user friendly foreign exchange and trade finance package called Bank vision; (ii) A State-of-the-art-on-line integrated retail banking package the Total Concept system version 4; (iii) Materials and Maintenance management project for TISCO; (iv) A project to facilitate allocation of coal to customers for Eastern Coalfields Ltd.; (v) A sample testing, monitoring and recording system at the National Test house with high user satisfaction; (vi) Installation of CDC 870, CDC 930 systems and NCR 3550 at CMC Private STP, Gachibowli; (vii) Installation of CYC/R(Cyclone)/Integrity a Fault Tolerant Tandem Maintenance. (viii) MESIEA (Message Simulation Error Analysis) software for LRDE-Bangalore.
- The Company undertook a major restructuring exercise to give focus to the main line of activities. Five Strategic Business Units viz. Customer Services, System Integration, International, Education & Training and Indonet have been formed.
- Major International contracts signed during the year were (i) Contract for Computer Based Training packages to the European market place through Electrovision, UK; (ii) Contract for onsite and offshore software development for specialised tunnelling software for Amberg Measuring Technique, Switzerland, (iii) Contract for support services in India and 20 other countries in Middle East for Photogrammetry equipment supplied by Swiss multinational Leica.
- Another major contract entered by the company was with M/s. Linktek of Canada for development of Freebalance Financial System.
- Major projects undertaken by the company were (i) The screen based Stock Trading System for BSE; (ii) Across the Counter sales of unit Certificate for UTI; (iii) Jacket Inspection system for ONGC; (iv) Container Terminal Control System for BPT; (v) CMCMAIL package for Chennai Stock Exchange; (vi) ELINT Ground processing and Display system project for DLRL; (vii) Corporate Information System for Neyveli Lignite Corporation; (viii) On-line integrated information system for Tamilnadu Newsprint & Papers Ltd.; (ix) Integrated Management system for Assam Oil; (x) Commercial/business system based on sybase and Power Builder for IBP; (x) Customised implementation of AMIGAS system for weather forecasting; (xii) Materials management, Track and Trace system for speed post, Department of Posts; (xiii) Integrated Container Management system for Tuglakabad Inland Container Depot; (xiv) Integrated Cargo Management system for IAAI; (xv) Development of front-end software.
- The Major projects undertaken were: (i) On line screen based Trading system for Calcutta Stock Exchanges; (ii) Integrated Information system for Games Management for the South Asian Federation Games at Chennai and the Sixth African Games at Zimbabwe; (iii) EREB-SCADA Augmentation project facilitating centralised monitoring of generation data from various generating stations; (iv) Automatic Message Switching system for India Meteorological Department; (v) On-line computerisation of Front office banking operations at Andhra Pradesh using the product `Bank View'; (vi) Development of software for reconnaissance, direction finding and frequency monitoring for a critical Electronic Air Warfare project undertaken by a premier Defence lab; (vii) Computerisation of Materials Management, Maintenance Management etc. for GSFC and GNFC.
- A 3 year contract for development/support work for Linkteks `Free Balance' Financial Management system was signed. Total Concept Solution (Version 4) was launched by the Company.
- The major projects undertaken by the company were: (i) implementation of VECTOR for Ludhiana, Cochin, Coimbatore, Indore and Baroda Regional Stock Exchanges; (ii) Large value turnkey software projects for Indira Gandhi National Open University, Airport Authority of India and Power Finance Corporation; (iii) Irrigation project for Teesta River in West Bengal; (iv) UNIFACE based software project for Linktek Corporation of Canada; (v) Computerisation project for National Games at Bangalore; (vi) Upgradation and replacement of Load Dispatch system for Andhra Pradesh & Tamilnadu State Electricity Boards etc.
- Augmenting the existing systems were received from the Railways and the NSE.
- The Company tied-up with BaaN one of the world's largest ERP solution provider and the company received an order for implementation of ERP from Semi Conductor Ltd, Punjab.
- CMC and Baan signed an agreement under which the former will market the ERP package developed by Baan.
- The State Bank Institute of Information Communication and Management (SBIICM), in collaboration with CMC Ltd, has set up intranet to access various databases set up within the organisation.
- Sun Microsystems, the $8 billion US networking company, has roped in CMC Ltd, a government of India enterprise, to set up the first competency centre for development of Sun's Java technologies in association with the Department of Electronics (DoE) and Nasscom, the nodal agency of software companies.
- CMC Ltd, was awarded the Techies 97 award for the best maintenance company, in recognition of providing quality maintenance services in the fields of hardware, networking and operational services like facility management.
- The ports of Bremerhaven and Eurokhai in Hamburg (Germany) have signed agreement with the CMC.
- CMC set up an ERP development centre in Calcutta in collaboration with Baan of the Netherlands.
- CMC Ltd, the premier information technology company, launched India's first insurance application software package Genisys.
- The public sector CMC Ltd. will set up a very-small aperture terminal (V-Sat) hub in Hyderabad to cash in on the booming industry.
- CMC has also set up a software development and competence centre in Calcutta which would continue to design and develop products for the insurance industry.
- CMC also wants to establish a wholly owned subsidiary in Europe and this is most likely to be established in the UK.
- India On-Line (P) Ltd. (IOL), the proposed joint venture between the MTC consortium and CMC Ltd, is to now function as a wholly-owned subsidiary of MTC and will be based in New Delhi.
- CMC recently signed an agreement with the New India Assurance Co. to provide a software application package.
- CMC Limited signed an agreement with ITI Limited to implement an Enterprise Resource Planning software at the companies facility at Mankapur in Gonda district.
- Three of General Insurance Corporation's subsidiaries are in talks with CMC Ltd. for adopting Genisys, the general insurance software system developed by it.
- The Department of Electronics (DoE) is setting up a Centre for Electronic Commerce in Hyderabad, to be housed and managed by the public sector Computer Maintenance Corporation (CMC) Ltd. in its Gutchi Bowli campus.
- CMC Ltd. has signed a memorandum of understanding with Bharat Bhari Udyog Nigam Ltd. (BBUNL) to implement ERP (enterprise resource planning) across the 10 subsidiaries of the group.
- CMC also owns a 100 per cent subsidiary in the US, Baton Rouge.
- The Company and Research Engineers Pvt Ltd, a subsidiary of Research Engineers Inc of the US have entered into a collaboration with deemed university, Bengal Engineering College, to introduce a M Tech course in information technology (IT).
- The Company has announced the introduction of its new e-DAST program.
- P. K. De has been appointed as director (technical) of information technology major CMC Ltd.
- CMC Limited has been awarded the Platinum award for Best System Integrator Partner by Compaq India.
- CMC has entered into a strategic tie-up with Oracle India to offer Oracle Education Creer Programme.
- CMC Ltd. has designed and developed a Website for the municipal corporation of Delhi.
-The Government invited bids for privatising computer Hardware major CMC Ltd.
-TCS, Wipro and H-P have submitted Expression of Interest for picking up government's stake in CMC Ltd.
-Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology along with CMC Ltd, is now evolving the required technology that will enable domestic banks to foray into electronic commerce in a big way.
-The president of India has appointed Shri Y S Bhave, Joint Secretary and Financial Advisor, Ministry of Information Technology on the Board of the company as the part time official Director.
-CMC Ltd has developed a range of applications covering the entire gamut of banking and insurance sectors,including software solutions for electronic payment gateways and e-cheques.
-Government has sold 51% of its stake in State-run computer software and maintainence firm CMC toTata Sons for Rs.152crs.
-Tata Sons has invited Shardul S Shroff, managing partner of law firm to join the board of CMC Ltd.
-CMC reconstituted its Board of Directors: Mr.S Ramdorai, Chairman Mr.S S Ghosh, Managing Director Mr Ishaat Hussain, Director Mr R Ramanan, Director Mr Y S Bhave, Government Nominee
-Tata's stocks are valued at more than Rs.320cr in CMC Ltd.
-Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with CMC Ltd for implementing advanced IT solutions for power systems.
-CMC Ltd has signed a MoU with Hyderabad based Jawaharlal Nehru Technology Unviersity to provide IT training and soft skills for engineering college students in new and emerging technologies.
-TCS and CMC together have bagged a Rs.84cr contract from a US country for outsourcing IT services.
-CMC Ltd has declare that it has build up Games Management Software that facilitates management of mega sporting events by processing large data and helps disseminate information.
-CMC Ltd has obtained order to implement the state's pretigious commercial tax computerization and networking project.
-National Bank of Bahrain has signed a contract with CMC Ltd for the installation and implementation of CMC core banking solution.
-CMC has developed and implemented a PDA-BASED Healthcare project called India Health Care (IHC) in Nalgonda District of Andhra Pradesh.
-CMC Ltd has obtained orders worth Rs.150crs in various sectors like banking, port, cargo, railways and e-governance projects, both from domestic and overseas market.
-CMC has also successfully unveiled its Total Concept of Banking System(TC/4) at the 55th branch of United Western Bank.
-Mr Y S Bhave, Director of the company has resigned.
-Mr. R Chandrasekhar, Joint Secretary, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, has been appointed as Director of the company with effect from December 04, 2003.
-Mr. S S Ghosh has completed his term as Managing Director & CEO on December 12, 2003. Mr. R Ramanan, who was Dy. Managing Director & COO of the company, has been elevated as Managing Director & CEO w.e.f. December 13, 2003.
-Xilinx Inc on February 25, 2004 announced a strategic partnership with CMC Ltd. The new Xilinx - CMC India Development Centre (XIDC) in Hyderabad is being established to develop field programmable gate array (FPGA) solutions targeted at high-growth markets, such as digital consumer electronics, automotive and communications.
-Govt. of India offloads its remaining equity in CMC Ltd. by selling 3.98 million shares through public issue at a price of Rs 485 per share
- -Tata Sons has transferred its entire 51.12 per cent equity stake in CMC to group company Tata Consultancy services (TCS) for Rs 380 crore at Rs 490.5 a share.
-CMC Limited has launched a new training programme called EDGE - Essential Diploma for Graduate Engineer, a placement-oriented training programme catering to requirements of both IT companies and job aspirants
- Equity shares of CMC Ltd delisted from Hyderabad Stock Exchange from June 3.
-EMC Corporation has appointed CMC as its systems integrator partner and provider of IT services to offer information storage solutions in the Indian market
-CMC in alliance with SAS
-WebEx joins hand with CMC
- CMC Ltd has informed that Ms. Kalpana Morparia has been appointed as Independent Director on the Board of the Company with effect from March 11, 2008.
- CMC Ltd has informed that Mr. S. Mahalingam has been appointed on the Board of Directors of the Company with effect from January 14, 2010 as the Non-Executive Director.
-CMC appoints Mr Sudhakar Rao, a retired IAS officer as Independent Director.
-CMC conferred with Certificate of Recognition by ICSI for excellence in Corporate Governance
-CMC has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-CMC Wins the Golden Peacock Innovative Product / Service Award - 2011.
-CMC's Generation Control Room Project for Mahagenco bags the eMaharashtra Award 2012.
-Fuel Pilferage Prevention System designed by CMC for Indian Oil Corporation Ltd wins eWorld 2012 Award for Best use of ICT for Public Sector Units.
-Intelligent Transport System designed by CMC for Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation wins eWorld 2012 Award for Best ICT enabled Urban Governance Initiative of the Year.
-CMC Wins Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award 2012 .
-CMC wins the Best Business Process Excellence Program award at the Global Awards for Excellence in Quality Management and Leadership.
-CMC wins the Best of Breed HR practices Award 2012.
-CMC Academy launches new Education and Training Centre in Nagpur.
-NSDC and CMC Limited sign MoU to train J&K youth for global IT Industry.
-CMC wins TV5 Business Leader Award in Information Technology Sector.
-"CMC Limited and Unitec, New Zealand launched two vocational education programs in India".
-CMC wins Golden Peacock Business Excellence Award.
- CMC expands its education network in Delhi NCR.
-"CMC Awarded Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Corporate Governance by ICSI".
-CMC Awarded Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Corporate.
-CMC Limited amalgamate with TCS.
-CMC awarded Certificate of Recognition by ICSI.
Karvy Computershare Private Ltd.