With 12 new features, Indian Railways aims to make AC-3 tiers your true "Humsafar"
Travelling in the AC 3-tier coach soon will be a luxury as the Indian Railways are going for a major "makeover", a media report said.
Facilities like USB charging ports, reading lights for all berths, comfortable ladders, are few of the changes the trains will be witnessing soon, as reported by The Indian Express.
Presently, the first coach is waiting for the Railway Ministry's final nod, before the launching of new Humsafar Express, which is set to be unveiled later this month.
As per the report, the manufacturing of each new coach has cost the Railways around Rs 2.7 crore, an additional cost of Rs 20 lakh than an ordinary AC 3-tier coach.
With the inclusion of all the facilities, the fare of all the AC 3-tier will be about 15% more than Rajdhani fares, the report added.
Here are 12 new features:
1. For every cabin of eight berths will have two plug points and six USB ports
2. Reading lights for all berths
3. Ladders with comfortable footrests along with handles to make access to top berth easire.
4. The colour of the train will be of beige-cream grey instead of signature blue colour.
5. Seperate urine for men and women. Additional foldable seat for changing nappies for babies
6. More comfortable side-lower berths. Till now, the side-lower berths face problem of alignment after the backrests are lowered to convert it into berth. In the new coach, there will be a thin cushioned plank alongside the side lower seas.
7. In the toilets, the floor will be made of a material which does not soil easily and walls are graffiti resistant. The chain of steel mug will be replaced by a faucet.
8. The steel bangle type bottle holder will be replaced by tiny plastic clip.
9. The middle table will have a covered dustbin
10. CCTV cameras near doors
11. Smoke detector alarms near the doors
12. Tea-coffee vending machines in every coach.