Here are 14 decisions taken by PM Narendra Modi-led Union Cabinet today
PM Narendra Modi-led Union Cabinet took several decisions on Wednesday right from approving signing of the multilateral convention to implement tax treaty related measures to approving implementation of Maternity Benefit Program on Pan-India basis with effect from January 1 this year.
The Union Cabinet chaired by prime minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday took several decisions right from approving multilateral convention to implement tax treaty related measures to implementing Maternity Benefit Program on Pan-India basis, among others.
Here are 14 decisions the Union Cabinet took on Wednesday:
1. It approved signing of the multilateral convention to implement tax treaty related measures to prevent base erosion and profit shifting by India
2. It approved memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Australia on co-operation in combating international terrorism and transnational organised crime
3. It approved faculty exchange agreement between National Defence College in New Delhi and National Defence College in Dhaka in Bangladesh
4. It approved Pan-India implementation of Maternity Benefit Program to give the benefit of Rs 5,000 to pregnant women and lactating mothers
5. It approved agreement between India and Tajikistan on co-operation and mutual assistance in customs matters
6. It approved amendment of the Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971 to enable summary eviction proceedings in residential accommodation
7. It approved setting up of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (lARI) in Assam
8. It approved restructuring plan for Hindustan Organic Chemicals
9. It approved Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission for accelerating discovery research to early development for biopharmaceuticals - "Innovate in India (13) empowering biotech entrepreneurs & accelerating inclusive innovation"
10. It approved signing of Fuel Supply Agreement (FSA) with Letter of Assurance (LoA) holders of Thermal Power Plants(TPPs)
11. It approved construction of electrified third line between Manmad-Jalgaon in Maharashtra
12. It approved construction of electrified doubling line between Phephana-Indara and Mau-Shahganj in Uttar Pradesh (UP)
13. It approved construction of double-line with electrification between Guntur-Guntakal in Andhra Pradesh
14. It approved four laning of Porbandar-Dwarka Section of NH-8E in Gujarat