Full list of agreements signed between India and Qatar and what they mean
There were seven agreements signed between India and Qatar in Doha on Sunday June 5, 2016, as a part of Narendra Modi’s five-nation tour.
With an intent to strengthen the ties between India and Qatar these agreements ranging from investments to skills and from health to tourism were signed.
We tell you what each Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) means.
1. MoU on infrastructure: This MoU aims at establishing framework for facilitating participation of Qatari institutional investors in Infrastructure projects in India under NIIF.
2. MoU on Cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters: This agreement promotes cooperation and mutual assistance between the two countries on matters pertaining to
customs administration through exchange of information and intelligence.
3. MoU concerning money laundering, terrorism-financing and related crimes: The MoU facilitates exchange of intelligence related to money laundering, terrorism-financing and
related crimes and persons connected thereto.
4. MoU on cooperation in skill development and recognition of qualifications: This MoU aims to enhance cooperation between the two countries on skill development and mutual
recognition of qualifications to facilitate mobility of skilled workers from India to Qatar.
5. MoU on cooperation in tourism: The MoU aims at bilateral cooperation in the field of planning and developing of tourism, through marketing and promotion as also to support cooperation between private sector stakeholders.
6. MOU in the field of health: This MoU provides cooperation in areas of health, including interalia in occupational and environmental health, pharmaceuticals, medical education, exchange of the best practices in the field of primary healthcare, research in the field of health care, technology, health care system and exchange of medical experts and scientists.
7. MoU in the field of Youth and Sports: As a follow up to the existing MoU in the field of Youth and Sports, the first Executive Programme provides for exchanges and cooperation in sports activities, training camps for sports teams and exchange visits of leaders and officials between the two countries.