7th Pay Commission: Latest news and developments, from fitment factor to protests, we know so far
7th Pay Commission: A number of issues have been thrown up recently that would impact government employees over the recent days. While they have been waiting for a long time on good news of over 3.68 fitment factor salary hike in minimum wages to Rs 26,000, but this important news has not found any mention in official circles. But that is not to say that things have not been happening. In fact, 7th Pay Commission news has been repeatedly going viral due to the various activities surrounding it. Here are the most recent 7th CPC report based developments that we know:
1. It is being averred that bank scandals like the recent Rs 11,400 cr Punjab National Bank (PNB) scam will make government snub any 7th Pay Commission based hike in fitment factor or at least ensure the hike is not by 3.68 times.
2. Centre has hiked dearness allowance of government employees by 2 per cent to 7 pct. While this has been welcomed by some, others are not satisfied as they wanted more as based on 7th Pay Commission.
3. Centre is looking at an alternative mechanism to hike governemnt employees salaries. exactly what shape this system will acquire is not clear, but what has been reported is that the same will happen on an early basis and will be based on inflation figures.
4. Maharashtra government has cleared payment of arrears based on 7th Pay Commission report for employees this year. An ET Now report said this will put a burden of Rs 21,500 crore on state.
5. There are many government employees still waiting for pay based on 7th CPC. Among them are 5,000 agricultural scientists, associated with the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). They were reportedly forced to protest to bring their plight to government's notice.