ZEEL launches new digital entertainment platform ZEE5
The platform will offer Indian and international movies and TV shows, music, live TV, and health and lifestyle content across 12 languages
Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) today announced the launch of ZEE5, a comprehensive digital entertainment platform for language content.
The platform will offer Indian and international movies and TV shows, music, live TV, and health and lifestyle content across 12 languages.
Amit Goenka, Chief Executive Officer of ZEE International and Z5 Global, announced the launch of the new digital entertainment platform.
Beginning today, ZEE5 will be the one-stop digital destination for ZEE Entertainment, a global Media and Entertainment powerhouse, Zee Entertainment Enterprises said in a statement.
ZEE5 addresses the entertainment demands of a new India that is increasingly digital savvy and globally connected, yet fundamentally rooted in its culture.
With ‘Language’ as the core proposition embodied across the entire content and user experience, ZEE5 truly caters to an India without boundaries, the statement said.
Looking forward to the launch of #ZEE5 tomorrow! Must say that under the leadership of @AmitGoenka_, the product has been built remarkably. Can't wait to share it with you guys! Just a day more and it'll be across all platforms.
— Punit Goenka (@punitgoenka) February 13, 2018
“With the launch of ZEE5 we see ourselves catapulting into the next phase of growth,” said Amit Goenka, CEO of ZEE International and Z5 Global.
“Digital will play a critical role in fuelling growth and we wanted to ensure that we had a strong offering and presence in the (digital content) space. As a global content company, our biggest strength is how well we understand our consumers and translate this into content they love," Goenka said.
“To us, ZEE5 is the platform on which this content will be readily available to the world. Every aspect of ZEE5 is based on our deep understanding of our consumers and their local ecosystem. ZEE5, while phenomenally easy to use, banks on superbly sophisticated technology to create this ease. It is both local and global at the same time and we know it is going to change the way you watch content.”
Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) announces the launch of #ZEE5, India’s largest digital entertainment platformhttps://t.co/AdPCHLmbZo #ZEE5Premiere @ZEE5India @AmitGoenka_ @punitgoenka pic.twitter.com/GCnHoFMGhF
— Zee News (@ZeeNews) February 14, 2018
“The launch of ZEE5 further strengthens us as a media and entertainment powerhouse. A blend of unrivalled content offering and robust technology are the foundation of this all-new digital offering from our end. We have invested immense amount of time and energy in creating and acquiring rich and engaging content for ZEE5, which I’m sure will be cherished by our viewers across the nation and worldwide” said Punit Goenka, MD & CEO of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd.
- Zee5 offers content across genres in any of 12 languages: English, Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Bhojpuri, Gujarati and Punjabi.
- ZEE5 offers viewers a completely integrated entertainment offering with both On-Demand and Live TV.
- It comes packed with 1,00,000 hours of On Demand content, including exclusive Originals, Indian and international Movies and TV Shows, Music, and Health and Lifestyle videos across languages.
- The ZEE5 App can be downloaded from Google Play Store and iOS App Store. Also available at www.zee5.com, as a Progressive Web App (PWA), and on Android TVs, and Amazon Fire TV Stick. ZEE5 also supports Chromecast.
- The viewers who opt for a subscription pack will get access to the entire library of content at a special launch offer price of Rs 99 per month instead of the actual monthly pack price of Rs 150.