UberPOOL comes to Mumbai; 8 steps to reduce your commute bill by 40%
App-based taxi hailing company Uber has launched UberPool service in Mumbai. The company said that customers can now save up to 40% on the service.
What is UberPool?
UberPool is carpooling service from Uber. The company said, “People going to the same place at the same time–will now be able to share their journey at a fraction of the cost.”
How does it work?
Uber said that the customers can now go to UberGo option on the application and set their pick up location and destination. Currently uberPOOL is available only between 6AM – 10PM, 7 days a week and one can choose to use Cash, PayTM, Airtel Money, Credit or even a Debit card, Uber said in a statement.
Eight steps to getting your share-a-ride with UberPOOL
1. Open the Uber app and slide over the uberGO option
2. Set your pickup location and destination
3. You’ll see 2 options – “Share your car” and “Get your own car”
4. Choose “Share Your Car” for the carpooling option and a fixed fare upfront, so you know exactly what you’re going to pay
5. Choose “Get Your Own Car” to travel solo at regular uberGO fares
6. Request! You might get matched with other passengers riding or fellow commuters driving the same way
7. Regardless of whether you’re matched or not, the fare will always be less than traveling solo
8. You can choose to use Cash, PayTM, Airtel Money, Credit or even a Debit card