RJio vs Airtel offers on Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+; which one is better
Every time Airtel planned to lure customers with various offers, RJio made sure that their essence is not left out, and this time would be no different.
The battle among two top telecom operators namely Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel has once again emerged in recent days, as both the company have started providing heavy offers on South Korea-based Samsung Electronic’s two latest smartphones Galaxy S9 and S9+. Since the time Mukesh Ambani’s RJio has entered telecom market, the situation is such there are raining of offers like cheap plans, unlimited data, unlimited voice calls, and now various cashback offers on 4G smartphones. RJio does know how to get on the nerves of Airtel - as the company faces severe losses since quite few quarters. Every time Airtel planned to lure customers with various offers, RJio made sure that their essence is not left out, and this time would be no different, so let’s have a look who provides better offers on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ phones.
The company has introduced Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 plus on it’s online store www.airtel.in/outlinestore with budget friendly down payment options, instant credit verification and financing, and bundled monthly plans.
On airtel store, the Samsung Galaxy S9 with 64GB variant is available at a down payment of just Rs 9,900 and 24 monthly installments of Rs 2,499. Not only this, the monthly installments have a built-in postpaid plan with 80GB - which includes unlimited local, STD and roaming callings. Also the offer has subscriptions to exciting content like 1-year Amazon Prime membership, Airtel secure, Airtel TV and Wynk music.
While Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus with 64GB variant is available at similar rate of down payment of Rs 9,900, however there is 24 monthly installments of Rs 2,799, along with a built-in postpaid plan with 80GB data - which includes unlimited local, STD and roaming calls. The S9 plus also has bundled benefits like 1-year Amazon Prime Membership, Airtel Secure, Airtel TV and Wynk Music.
Here’s how you can get Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus on Airtel Online store in just four steps.
Step 1 - Go to www.airtel.in/onlinestore and select the device of your choice
Step 2 - Check your eligibility and get instant loan approvals
Step 3 - Make the down payment for phone
Step 4 - The device will be delivered to your preferred location/address
Unlike Airtel, the RJio is offering 1 terabyte data with unlimited calls and SMS on purchase of Samsung Galaxy S9 or Samsung Galaxy S9+ mobile devices on or after March 16 2018. A person will have to do recharge of Rs 4,999 prepaid plan and will get benefits worth Rs 15,000. Also a customer who is buying Galaxy S9+ with 256GB variant will be eligible to get 70% buyback offer. Apart from this, the customers will also receive complimentary Jio Prime membership.
RJio on it’s website said, “Eligible Subscriber shall mean a person who (i) has purchased an Eligible Device; and (ii) is an active prepaid subscriber of the RJIO services; and (iii) is enrolled to the “Jio Prime” membership plan. The Jio Prime Membership to a new RJIO subscriber will be offered complimentary by Reliance Retail Limited.”
Benefits of the Offer are:
- An Eligible Subscriber, who, during the subsistence of the Offer, performs Recharge on or before 30th September, 2018, shall be entitled to the Offer. The Jio Terabyte Data Voucher would be credited to the account of Eligible Subscriber within 48 hours of Recharge
- Where any Jio Terabyte Data Voucher is redeemed during a Recharge cycle period, the benefits attached to such Jio Terabyte Data Voucher shall be limited to that Recharge cycle period and any such benefits that remain unutilized at end of that Recharge cycle period, will expire and be forfeited.
- Such Jio Terabyte Vouchers that are not redeemed within one year from the date of credit of such voucher shall expire and be forfeited.
- The Eligible Subscriber shall be entitled to avail only such offers/schemes that first become applicable for the relevant IMEI/TAC code of Eligible Device at the time of their purchase of Eligible Device.
Terms and Conditions of the Offer:
- The Offer shall be open to all Eligible Subscribers on and from 16th March, 2018
- Two or more offers cannot be clubbed together. This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other alternative offer or promotion of a similar nature
- RJIO reserves the right to cancel/withdraw this Offer at any time, without any prior intimation to the Eligible Subscriber. However, the benefits accrued to the Eligible Subscriber on or prior to the cancellation/withdrawal of this Offer, shall not undergo any change.
- The Offer Benefits are non-transferable
Thus, before opting for Samsung's Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, it is always best to compare the above two mentioned offers, to avail these smartphone. Although the offers are different, yet they come with massive benefits.
Also it needs to be noted, that Airtel's downpayment and monthly installment needs to be compared to online portals that are offering heavy discount and also EMI facilities.
For instance, on Flipkart, a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus with 64GB is priced at Rs 64,900 - and the e-commerce portal is providing Rs 3,606 per month no cost EMIs, while other EMIs are from Rs 2,219 per month. There is also up to Rs 16,000 off on exchange offer. While HDFC Bank is giving another Rs 6,000 cashback offer on the usage of their credit cards.
While, RJio gives TBT on prepaid recharge plan, and also 70% cashback on purchase of Samsung Galaxy 256GB.