HDFC Bank Q4 results 2018 highlights: All you want to know in 10 points
The bank posted net profit of Rs 4,799.28 crore in Q4FY18, witnessing growth by 20.27% compared to net profit of Rs 3,990.09 crore in the corresponding period of the previous year.
HDFC Bank Q4 results 2018: The bank posted net profit of Rs 4,799.28 crore in Q4FY18, witnessing growth by 20.27% compared to net profit of Rs 3,990.09 crore in the corresponding period of the previous year. The bank's current net profit also increased by 3.37% as against Rs 4,642.60 crore of the preceding quarter. A Bloomberg poll of analysts expected HDFC Bank's PAT to be around Rs 4,860 crore in Q4FY18.
HDFC Bank net interest income (NII) as on March 2018, came in at Rs 10,657.69 crore, registering growth of 17.70% and 3.32% in comparison with NII of Rs 9,055.10 crore in Q4FY17 and Rs 10,314.34 crore in Q3FY18 respectively.
Here's how HDFC Bank performed in year end of FY18.
- For the year ended March 31, 2018, the core net interest margin was 4.3%.
- Core cost to income ratio was at 41.7% for the year ended March 31, 2018, as against 44.5% for the previous year.
- The Bank's net profit for year ended March 31, 2018 was Rs 17,486.8 crore, up 20.2%, over the year ended March 31, 2017.
- Total balance sheet size as of March 31, 2018 was Rs 1,063,934 crore as against Rs 863,840 crore as of March 31, 2017.
- Total deposits as of March 31, 2018 were Rs 788,771 crore, an increase of 22.5% over March 31, 2017.
- As of March 31, 2018 current account deposits were at Rs 119,283 crore and savings account deposits at Rs 223,810 crore grew by 15.6% over March 31, 2017.
- CASA deposits comprising 43.5% of total deposits as on March 31, 2018.
- Total advances as of March 31, 2018 were Rs 658,333 crore, an increase of 18.7% over March 31, 2017.
- This loan growth was contributed by both segments of the Bank's loan portfolio with the loan mix between retail:wholesale at 57:43.
- As per regulatory [Basel 2] segment classification, retail loans grew by 27.4% and wholesale loans grew by 9.4%.