Five recent Indian ads which will surely crack you up
Humor is still one of the most popular ways brands use to convey their message to consumers. Some of the most iconic Indian ads on TV have used humor in the best possible way. Take for instance, ads such as the Fevicol ad with the unbreakable chicken egg or the centre shock ad which gives the hairdo not only cracked us up but got the message the brands across to the audience.
Many brands today too have learnt the art of how to use humor to their benefit in their ads. Here are five recent funny ads that cracked us up:
1. Fevikwik Gel TVC: With the Rio Olympics drawing near Pidilite has used the sport hockey in the humorous way to get their message across.
Pidilite has always used humor in their TVCs for Fevikwik. Some of their other funny ad include 'Todo Nahi Jodo' TVC last year and the fishing ad in the past.
2. Cello Butterflow Ballpen campaign: While most of the pen ads the mundane method of using school kids in ads to advertise, with a key target audience being kids. Cello, however, has taken a different route by using humor in these TVCs, and has got it right. The ad even brought ghazal singer Pankaj Udhas (for whose songs you actually need an alcohol permit to listen to) in one of its ads.
3. Godrej Goldilocks TVC: You have to give it to the creators of this Godrej ad as they have used a topic 'woman's age' and found a way to link it to the locker system. The reason this ad works is does not use the cliche theif topic to get the message of the locker across (which it has done in the past).
4. Asian Paints waterproofing ad: While the two main actors in this TVC bring out the humor very well, the excution of the ad is also something that ads to it. It uses the concept of how home owners as well as agents give baseless guarantees, but in this case the owners promise holds true.
5. Makemytrip ad: The Makemytrip ad campaign featuring actors Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt have used them to best. The mimicry of the two actors to a Gujarati couple has been spot on. In fact, all the other ads have brough out humor through the mimicry of these two actors in the best possible way.