Airtel data rollover offer: Read the fine print
Airtel's data rollover offer has a few stipulations which we tell you about.
- Airtel began data rollover offer from August 1 for postpaid subscribers.
- A maximum of 200GB 3G/4G data can be rolled over.
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer by Airtel.
India’s largest telecom operator, Bharti Airtel started its ‘Data Rollover’ scheme for postpaid customers on August 1. As per the scheme subscribers can now carry forward their unused 3G/4G data to the next billing cycle.
“Under the Offer, the unused 3G/4G data of a subscriber at the end of a particular bill cycle is rolled over and added to the data quota for the next bill cycle,” Airtel said.
However, further scrutiny of the terms and conditions (T&C) of this new offer revealed a few details that restrict the data rollover for customers in a few ways.
For instance the company has set a limit to how much data can be rolled over month on month.
“A maximum of 200 GB of 3G/4G data per subscriber can be accumulated under this Offer,” Airtel T&C said.
Further this offer of Airtel is not available on its already existent offer of prepaid data on postpaid plans and cannot be clubbed with the company’s other offers.
The terms and conditions of the telecom operator include it can discontinue this service at any time and network availability may be affected due to 'acts of God.'
Read the full terms and conditions of the offer:
1. The ‘Airtel Data Rollover Offer’ (“Offer”) is being provided by Bharti Airtel Limited (“Airtel”) to only Airtel postpaid subscribers in India with effect from 01st August, 2017.
2. The Offer is valid only for postpaid subscribers in India.
3. Under the Offer, the unused 3G/4G data of a subscriber at the end of a particular bill cycle is rolled over and added to the data quota for the next bill cycle.
4. A maximum of 200 GB of 3G/4G data per subscriber can be accumulated under this Offer.
5. This Offer is only applicable on the base plan data quota, and any data left unused from smartbytes, pre-on-post data packs, daily data packs etc. will not be covered under this Offer.
6. This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer provided by Airtel.
7. The benefits under this Offer are not transferable. No exchange or redemption for an equivalent cash amount or in any other form shall be allowed.
8. The accumulated data is valid only till the subscriber continues with the existing plan.
9. This Offer is only applicable if all bill payments are regularly. Once lost, the accumulated data would not be credited to the use even after payment of the pending amount.
10. This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer provided by Airtel. This Offer is not valid for special, commercial or enterprise plans.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall constitute an agreement between Airtel and each subscriber. By subscribing to the Offer, subscriber accepts the same as binding upon him/her.
12. Airtel will be entitled to postpone, suspend, modify or cancel the Offer or any aspect thereof, across the entire territories of service or any part thereof, at any time with or without notice, for any reason, including, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, technical difficulties, or any other reasons beyond Airtel’s reasonable control. If Airtel suspends or cancels the Offer, all aspects of the Offer shall be null and void. Airtel will not be liable to compensate any subscriber for any postponement or cancellation or for any reason directly or indirectly arising out of this Offer.
13. AIRTEL HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER IN RESPECT OF ANY CLAIMS OR DISPUTES AND ANY RESULTING DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, RELATING TO THE CUSTOMER AVAILING, NOT RECEIVING OR CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE OFFER.
14. AIRTEL MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER IN RESPECT OF THE OFFER AND THE MOBILE SERVICES INCLUDING AS TO ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, AVAILABILITY, DISRUPTION OR ERROR FREE OPERATION.
15. Please note that the statements in these terms and conditions do not constitute any general representation from Airtel regarding Airtel’s services or its availability. Airtel’s network and the provisions of the Offer is available on an ‘as is where is available’ basis and Airtel makes no representation, guarantee or warranty regarding the availability, fitness for any specified purpose or error free operation of the network. Network availability may be affected due to various reasons including force majeure, acts of god, inclement weather, topographical/ geographic/ demographic factors, maintenance work, availability of interconnection with other networks, etc.
16. Any dispute or claim (contractual or non-contractual) arising out of or in relation to this agreement, including disputes as to its formation, will be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Subject to the point above, Airtel and the subscriber submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts at New Delhi alone.