Maruti Suzuki Dzire 2017: 10 most important things to know
Stepping once again in to the realm of compact sedans, Maruti Suzuki this month launched the much anticipated 2017 Dzire in the Indian car market. The next-generation Dzire features Suzuki’s HEARTECH, 5th generation B=Platform which also underpins the likes of Maruti Baleno and Maruti Ignis. By the use of this platform, the kerb weight of the 2017 Dzire is about 105kgs lighter than the out going model, resulting in an increased fuel economy and hence making the compact sedan’s diesel derivative, the most fuel efficient vehicle in India. Not only this, the 2017 Dzire is also considerably more safe than its predecessor. To tell you more about the the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire, here we bring you 10 most important things to know about the same.
1. First talking about the 2017 Dzire’s exterior profile, it comes with much more sportier yet elegant characteristics. From some angles, it does remind us of Maruti’s premium hatch, the Baleno. A few of the highlights include LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail-lamps, ORVM integrated turn signals a new polygonal grille among the others.
2. Now to the interior profile, here is why you see that Maruti has really focused on making the 2017 Dzire a premium product. The dashboard layout is clean with certain sharp contours and gets a dual tone black and beige colour scheme. There is also Burl wood elements on the dashboard and steering wheel. Also, there are chrome fitments on the door handles, gear knob and instrument cluster. Do Read: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire bookings open; Commands waiting period of 6 to 8 weeks.
3. Talking about features, the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire is to come with multi-functional steering wheel, a new touchscreen infotainment system which comes with Apple Car Play, Android Auto and Mirror Link connectivity, automatic climate control, rear air-con vents, rear seat armrests, electrically adjustable ORVMs, day and night IRVM among the others. Also Read: 2017 Maruti Dzire Vs Ford Figo Aspire: Key points of differentiation
4. It’s not only the creature comforts that Maruti has focused on. The 2017 Maruti Dzire is to be considerably safer than its predecessor. With this latest iteration, the 2017 Dzire gets dual airbags and ABS as standard across the range. Not only this, the Dzire uses the same chassis which also under pins the Baleno and hence its now complaint with frontal offset, side impact and pedestrian safety regulations. Also Read: 2017 Maruti Swift Dzire mileage set to improve: To launch on 16th May.
5. Now to the engine specifications, the 2017 Dzire will continue to be offered in both petrol as well as diesel engine specifications. The former is to be a 1.2-litre unit producing 82Bhp along with 114Nm of peak torque while the latter is to be a 1.3-litre unit churning out 73Bhp along with 190Nm of peak torque.
6. Talking about the transmission, there is to be a 5-speed manual unit as standard. There will also be an AMT on offer, on both the petrol as well as diesel derivative. Also Read: 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire unveiled in India: Highlights
7. With the use of the new HEARTECH platform, the new Dzire’s diesel variant has become 105kg lighter while the petrol by about 85kgs lighter. This is to result in an improved fuel economy. Currently, the Dzire’s diesel variants promise a mileage of 24km/l while the one of the petrol offers 18km/l.
8. The 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire is going to be made available with a choice of a total of 6 colours. These are to include Oxford Blue, Sherwood Brown, Gallant Red, Magma Grey, Silky Silver and Arctic White; the former three are new paint schemes.
9. Coming to the variants, the 2017 Dzire is to be made available in a total of 8 different variants, four of each trim.
10. Talking about prices, the 2017 Dzire is to fall in the segment of INR 5.5 lakh to INR 8.5 lakh (ex-showroom). This will make it compete against the likes of Hyundai Xcent, Honda Amaze, Volkswagen Ameo and Tata Tigor.